Don't offer free extras expecting great feedback

foundinmagazine

I don’t usually get upset over little things. But my gigs have been a little slow, so when I got a recent order for a logo design, I thought, ok…I am going to get this done fast, and even add a little extra for free to get great feedback.

Long story short, I charge $5 for a basic logo to be done within 24 hours.

I did this order within like 3 hours. I created and gave them the logo with a background image (which I found for them), along with an icon (in case they needed one for a favicon) and another version with no background.

They came back to me within 30 minutes, said they liked it, but wanted to know what other fonts/ideas I had, and if I could make one more since I offered a free revision. So, once more I created and gave them another logo with a background image (which I found for them), along with an icon (in case they needed one for a favicon) and another version with no background.

Then within an hour after, they left me feedback for the order saying ‘professional job, and good work’ with a 4.8 rating.

I know it’s only .2 points…but I am actually upset about this.

I did send them a message and asked why…but my wife said that I shouldn’t have sent it.

Archived