Don't you think that is unfair that Fiverr get % from the TIPs

abzzzdesign

Hi there as a Ceo of abzzzMedia i would like to open a topic about the tips,i feel very angry every time when we get a tip from our precious costumers and Fiverr get % from them isn’t that ridiculous you do the whole job and your costumer give you a tip than Fiverr get a % from that , not that they get from every orders 20%.

I visited almost the whole world and learn that the tips can not be share, tip should take that one that has satisfied customer with the work and I’m pretty sure that the man who gives tip will be back again for more ,don’t you guys think that the Fiverr would have an interest in.

So by me

Please distribute your experience lets ask for our rights

Best regards,
Happ

Hi,

No no look they get alredy 20% isn’t that a thanks from us to them also… they have interesed from us so do we.

Maybe you for you that you are a TRS is nothing to get a 20% from you tip because you have to much orders and you do not notice that but for us is very very it is very serious

I asked them for this and they answered me that this happend to prevent abuse and fraud, why they don’t tell us what are those frauds , they can create a tool that can verified the tips and then to move on to the user account ??

Happ

If it wasn’t like this then people would abuse it.
Sellers would ask buyers to pay for a $5 gig and then the rest in a tip. That would lead to buyers not paying and then lots of crap from sellers who tried to scam Fiverr only to be scammed themselves.
There is already enough issues around payments, cancellations and the rest, it doesn’t need any more complications.

I don’t see anything wrong with Fiverr keeping 20% of all sales and tips that we make. This is their site after all. Their site, their rules. And if we wish to use their site to maintain our businesses, we are required to follow their rules. If someone doesn’t like Fiverr’s rules, they can easily take their business elsewhere.

Consider this too, if Fiverr allowed users to keep 100% of all tips, that opens the door for unscrupulous sellers to use the tips feature to try and get around the standard 20% that Fiverr keeps. Such users could easily find ways to “make up” that “lost” 20% by trying to use the tips feature as a revenue source. Fiverr takes 20% of tips to keep this from happening.

You get to keep 80% of everything that you earn (or are tipped) here on Fiverr. Don’t complain about it. Be happy that you get to keep this 80%. There are many freelance sites that don’t let you keep anywhere close to that – I know, because I work with some of them.

I agree with the others saying it’s fair enough and no, it’s not just because I’m a forum admin. When I first found out about it, I didn’t care for it either. If they didn’t prevent abuse, though, they could just take tips away. If Fiverr didn’t make money, they wouldn’t have money to promote the site and hire people to improve this young platform and develop code to give us the tip feature. So, no, I don’t think it’s unfair either way.

Listen, at thumbtack you have to PAY to buy credits so you can bid on projects. Sure, thumbtack doesn’t take 20%, but if all your bids are rejected you make $0 and they’re not going to pay you back.

My point is that Fiverr is doing you a favor, they’re making money when you make money, no before.

A tip isn’t just yours alone. Just like your gig video must say “Available Exclusively On Fiverr,” those tips have to be shared. You are working with Fiverr after all, they have bills to pay just like you.

A tip is the greatest thing in the world, it’s money without extra work, money your clients don’t have to give you but they do as a celebration of your work. Yet instead of appreciating getting 80%, you are angry over 20%.

Fiverr works fine, they’re attracting a ton of buyers, if you want to keep 100%, go start your own website, good luck with that.

Interestingly, a CEO is an officer position in an organized company that usually has a board of administrators, corporate offices, that sort of thing. It is a “corporate rank” in a company, so to speak. Our OP is a freelancer from Albania. Calling himself a CEO looks good in writing, but it’s not an actual position when you are a self-employed non-organized business entity…

Also of interesting note is that a large majority of the OP’s gigs are breaking intellectual copyright laws. 😉

Archived