Double Accounts on the same IP

ahsanzafeer

One of my siblings is planning on joining Fiverr. I have learned that Fiverr disables accounts if it suspects that they are being accessed via the same IP address, considering it to be the same user violating TOI by managing another account. Since I share the IP with my brother, could that be a problem?

One of my siblings is planning on joining Fiverr. I have learned that Fiverr disables accounts if it suspects that they are being accessed via the same IP address, considering it to be the same user violating TOI by managing another account. Since I share the IP with my brother, could that be a problem?

It’s easier for him to use your account. Create different gigs for what you are good at, and that’s it. Otherwise yes, you risk to get banned

Yes if you gig niche same fiverr will disable other wise fiverr allow 2 or more accounts but with different niches for multiple peoples.

Don’t mislead people. Fiverr does not allow two accounts

1.thumb.jpg.d16b9a01f774aef5c7e57a6b6c0fb8aa.jpg
11368×176 57.9 KB

That image I took is from the terms of service. People with 2 or more accounts will have them disabled/terminated.

Don’t mislead people. Fiverr does not allow two accounts

That image I took is from the terms of service. People with 2 or more accounts will have them disabled/terminated.

He’s not asking to use two accounts. He’s asking if 2 different people (him and his sibling) can both have Fiverr accounts and use the same IP address.

I’m sure Fiverr has allowed 2 different people to share the same IP address in the past, if they’re using 2 different devices I assume.

What I think the OP needs to do is contact CS and get their permission first, and that the gigs from one person are in a different category to the gigs from the other person.

He’s not asking to use two accounts. He’s asking if 2 different people (him and his sibling) can both have Fiverr accounts and use the same IP address.

I’m sure Fiverr has allowed 2 different people to share the same IP address in the past, if they’re using 2 different devices I assume.

What I think the OP needs to do is contact CS and get their permission first, and that the gigs from one person are in a different category to the gigs from the other person.

It’s still better to create gigs under his sibling’s account rather than go through the hassle of creating a new one…

It’s still better to create gigs under his sibling’s account rather than go through the hassle of creating a new one…

It’s still better to create gigs under his sibling’s account

Though that could be an issue with:

You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading,

Though there are others who share the same account. Maybe they just need to change the profile so it’s clear it’s 2 people.

But it would be almost just as easy to contact CS and get their permission. Apart from the limit of not creating gigs in the same category rule, it might be better that way. More gigs could be created. Maybe it would be easier to work that way/more work could be done simultaneously.

My husband and I are both voice actors and had two separate accounts on the same IP address for years.

I think the issue according to the ToS is when the accounts offer exactly the same service. My husband offered a male british voice over, for example, and did children’s books primarily, and I do a young american female commercial voice over gig. They’re in the same genre but they’re not the same services.

• 1 year later...

Archived