Doubt regarding a message

ghoshabhishek95

I got a message in Fiverr that user is in deathbed and needs someone to use her money for building orphange and serving humanity. She is asking for my Name, age, occupation , address so that she can communicate the same to Bank to send me the money. Is this a scam or what? I haven’t shared any private details apart from Name and age. I also noticed that it shows in Fiverr that “This user can no longer be contacted”. Please help.

Yes, it is a scam, and Fiverr has already banned the scammer’s Fiverr account.

Yes, thought so. She came across as such a nice person and I somehow trusted her stories. Now I am afraid I shared few details with her. Nothing too serious though, only Name , age , city, country. Do I need to be worried? What should I do?! 😦

Yes, thought so. She came across as such a nice person and I somehow trusted her stories. Now I am afraid I shared few details with her. Nothing too serious though, only Name , age , city, country. Do I need to be worried? What should I do?! 😦

I am unable to comment on what will happen because of any information you may have shared with that user. All I can say is, never respond to people who beg for money, claim an emotional tragedy, and ask you to share personal information. Those are always a scam.

I am unable to comment on what will happen because of any information you may have shared with that user. All I can say is, never respond to people who beg for money, claim an emotional tragedy, and ask you to share personal information. Those are always a scam.

Sure!

In this case, she was the one offering money!! Quite a lot of it!!

And says she is in deathbed without anyone to inherit the money so she wants to donate it for humanity and asked me to build an orphanage. I was utterly surprised for quite some time. Always felt that it’s too good to be true. So hard to trust people these days…

Sure!

And says she is in deathbed without anyone to inherit the money so she wants to donate it for humanity and asked me to build an orphanage. I was utterly surprised for quite some time. Always felt that it’s too good to be true. So hard to trust people these days…

Is it possible that you have never heard of scam emails (I can’t name the type of scam here because of the forum rules) where someone claims to be an heir to a fortune, but can’t get their money and needs your help and you’ll get millions just for helping them?

I’ve always wondered who could possibly believe that/fall for it/think, even for a moment, that it could be true.

Is it possible that you have never heard of scam emails (I can’t name the type of scam here because of the forum rules) where someone claims to be an heir to a fortune, but can’t get their money and needs your help and you’ll get millions just for helping them?

I’ve always wondered who could possibly believe that/fall for it/think, even for a moment, that it could be true.

Actually I am new to all this so trusting this was kind of a rookie mistake. It all just sounded so true. However, I did not share any confidential detail as I was quite dubious too.

What kind of fraud is it? And what can he do using my details?

He asked for name, addess, scanned passport, age, occupation, phone number etc. Just shared Name, age and occupation… Do I need to inform the police? Please help.

if you type “new seller scams to avoid” in the search bar above you will find numerous topics on the subject which you may find interesting.

Also, make sure to read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page, as sharing off Fiverr contact details is against the Terms of Service.

if you type “new seller scams to avoid” in the search bar above you will find numerous topics on the subject which you may find interesting.

Also, make sure to read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page, as sharing off Fiverr contact details is against the Terms of Service.

Yes, I will make sure.

I did not share any personal contact details.

Actually I am new to all this so trusting this was kind of a rookie mistake. It all just sounded so true. However, I did not share any confidential detail as I was quite dubious too.

What kind of fraud is it? And what can he do using my details?

He asked for name, addess, scanned passport, age, occupation, phone number etc. Just shared Name, age and occupation… Do I need to inform the police? Please help.

Actually I am new to all this so trusting this was kind of a rookie mistake.

It’s pretty hard to use internet at all and not run into these scams, or at lest read about them somewhere.

And what can he do using my details?

He asked for name, addess, scanned passport, age, occupation, phone number etc.

With the details they asked about, identity theft sounds most likely.

Just shared Name, age and occupation… Do I need to inform the police?

Probably not.

It’s pretty hard to use internet at all and not run into these scams, or at lest read about them somewhere.

Probably not.

Hmm… 😦

Thank you for your help. 🙂

Probably not.

Identity theft was my first thought too. 😬

Identity theft was my first thought too. 😬

Any thoughts about why would someone think that woman on her deathbed would use Fiverr to give the said someone (a person she doesn’t know at all) her riches and trust them they’d use it to build an orphanage?

If you don’t have a specific Fiverr gig stating “I will build you an orphanage with your own money while you are on your deathbed”, it’s safe to say it’s a scam. If someone wants to hire you to do something you do not have a gig for, 90% of the time is BS.

Any thoughts about why would someone think that woman on her deathbed would use Fiverr to give the said someone (a person she doesn’t know at all) her riches and trust them they’d use it to build an orphanage?

That’s something I thought too.

Then I just started trusting that BS. However, didn’t share any confidential info.

Archived