Fiverr Community Forum

Downloading files from gdrive or dropbox

Big file, buyer gives gdrive or dropbox link, does Fiverr allow for downloading from gdrive or dropbox?

2 Likes

Yes. If it is done in order communication and it is clear that it is part of the order service.

1 Like

Before order placement, buyer inbox me with a word doc. file with information and gdrive or dropbox link to download files.

1. Before order placement, does Fiverr allow for downloading from gdrive or dropbox ?

2. Is it safe for me if I download the word doc. file with information and gdrive or dropbox link?

If you trust him and you have good antivirus protection it is OK.

We had a couple of sellers experiencing computer breach, virus infection and account stolen.

1 Like

I mean, buyer did not order, but send message in my inbox with gdrive or dropbox link to download files. This communication not part of the order yet, so Fiverr allow for downloading from gdrive or dropbox ?

Fiverr want everything within it’s platform, not outside.

It is allowed. But at your own risk, if your antivirus is good then you shouldnt have a problem. As sometimes, there are virus etc in such files, rare but it happens. Thats why fiverr recommends if the buyer sends the file using their own attachment button. Hope this clears.

Where can I see Fiverr mentioned that it’s allow link sharing for downloading from gdrive or dropbox?

1 Like

It isnt mentioned in the TOS. But I, personally asked the CS about this and they allowed. If you wish, you can create a ticket to ask them yourself and they will reply the same. Make sure that incase the doc in google drive or else has message to contact him outside platform, immediately write a message on inbox to him that you cant work with and report him.

1 Like