Dramatic Increase in Buyer Requests?

richpmedia

I’m a new seller and I’ve completed a few orders (with good reviews) purely from responding to buyer requests.

Suddenly, my list of buyer requests has grown from a handful a day to over 700! :crazy_face:

Admittedly, the requests aren’t all in my particular areas of expertise, but there’s still loads to respond to.

Is this a feature or a bug of the buyer request display algorithm?

(I’m NOT complaining, of course)

• Like 14

I’m a new seller and I’ve completed a few orders (with good reviews) purely from responding to buyer requests.

Suddenly, my list of buyer requests has grown from a handful a day to over 700! :crazy_face:

Admittedly, the requests aren’t all in my particular areas of expertise, but there’s still loads to respond to.

(I’m NOT complaining, of course)

Requests are shown based on which gigs you offer. If you create a new gig in a different category or subcategory then you will see requests related to your new gig.

If you didn’t create any new gigs recently then it could be a bug. I’ve seen old requests surfacing during the past few days. (More than usually)

• Like 9

Requests are shown based on which gigs you offer. If you create a new gig in a different category or subcategory then you will see requests related to your new gig.

If you didn’t create any new gigs recently then it could be a bug. I’ve seen old requests surfacing during the past few days. (More than usually)

Ahh, that’s a good point, ux.

I originally just had a ebook cover design gig, but I’ve added a Halloween poster gig and an album cover design gig.

That must be the reason why the request criteria have broadened out.

Having said that, I was getting requests for design jobs unrelated to ebooks, anyway, but only a few (maximum 6 a day)

I suppose the lesson to be learned for all new sellers is to increase the variety of related gig types you offer; not just for the gigs themselves to attract buyers, but for you to see many more buyer requests, too.

• Like 6

Ahh, that’s a good point, ux.

I originally just had a ebook cover design gig, but I’ve added a Halloween poster gig and an album cover design gig.

That must be the reason why the request criteria have broadened out.

Having said that, I was getting requests for design jobs unrelated to ebooks, anyway, but only a few (maximum 6 a day)

I suppose the lesson to be learned for all new sellers is to increase the variety of related gig types you offer; not just for the gigs themselves to attract buyers, but for you to see many more buyer requests, too.

I was getting requests for design jobs unrelated to ebooks

It depends on which category buyers select. For example, I see design requests because some buyers think that if they need a new banner for their Wordpress website they should choose Wordpress customization.

I suppose the lesson to be learned for all new sellers is to increase the variety of related gig types you offer

Yep. I have almost identical gigs for 2 categories because buyers don’t always choose the right category.

• Like 5

I’m really confused by this!! Is Buyer Requests not an area that you search for Requests that you can fulfil? I don’t seem to have a personal list of them…

I don’t seem to have a personal list of them…

Buyer requests are personalized based on your gigs. If you check your buyer requests I assume you don’t see requests for website development or voice over services, right?

I’m guessing most of the requests you see are about social media & proofreading. My requests are probably completely different from yours because almost 80% of requests I see are related to Wordpress.

When you bid on the requests you have to pick one of your gigs. There’s no point showing you the requests that you can’t fill. That’s why some users see hundreds of requests and some see only few.

• Like 5

I don’t seem to have a personal list of them…

Buyer requests are personalized based on your gigs. If you check your buyer requests I assume you don’t see requests for website development or voice over services, right?

I’m guessing most of the requests you see are about social media & proofreading. My requests are probably completely different from yours because almost 80% of requests I see are related to Wordpress.

When you bid on the requests you have to pick one of your gigs. There’s no point showing you the requests that you can’t fill. That’s why some users see hundreds of requests and some see only few.

I’m seeing requests now that are pretty broad. For example: app development, architectural contract drafting, choosing presents for a 10 year old girl, creating a “shopify aliexpress dropshipping store”, etc.

None of these are even remotely related to my gig wording or tags but among the stuff I don’t want to do, there is plenty of graphic design related stuff I’m interested in.

I’m inclined to think it’s a fortuitous bug, tbh!

• Like 6

I’m seeing requests now that are pretty broad. For example: app development, architectural contract drafting, choosing presents for a 10 year old girl, creating a “shopify aliexpress dropshipping store”, etc.

None of these are even remotely related to my gig wording or tags but among the stuff I don’t want to do, there is plenty of graphic design related stuff I’m interested in.

I’m inclined to think it’s a fortuitous bug, tbh!

It could be a bug. Maybe customer service can double check this for you.

It wouldn’t be the first time 🙂

• Like 6

• 4 years later...

I am facing the same issue for over 4 months after I got level one. This is not a good thing because most of the requests are old and even some people have posted more than 10 requests for the same service. Can't find the legit requests. 

• Like 6

• wp_kid locked this topic