Drop box or google drive?

eamin93

Can I send large files to buyer via google drive or is it just have to be dropbox? I know there are similar posts. But I couldn’t find an answer about if its ok to use google drive or not! I’m just confused about this. And also how to send buyer the link! when I’m not allowed to send any url through message!!

I have had authorization from CS to use google drive. It’s a very easy process. You just upload your work and send a shareable link to your client. I’m not sure if authorization from CS is required prior to doing this. If you need to make a delivery quickly, however, just send the work via a sharable link and message CS to say what you have done, why, and you hope that doing so is ok. This way, you are being fully transparent.

I have had authorization from CS to use google drive. It’s a very easy process. You just upload your work and send a shareable link to your client. I’m not sure if authorization from CS is required prior to doing this. If you need to make a delivery quickly, however, just send the work via a sharable link and message CS to say what you have done, why, and you hope that doing so is ok. This way, you are being fully transparent.

Here’s the thing: you have to use the delivery button, and you have to deliver something.

However, many of my buyers don’t know how to open a ZIP file that I send them via the regular Fiverr delivery message, so here’s what I do: I attach the files in the delivery message, and I also upload them on GoogleDrive and tell the buyer in the delivery message that they can also access the files via a Google Drive link that I make for them.

Attached you’ll find a ZIP archive with your delivery. In case you’re having problems with the download, you can also view/open all the individual files online using this link: ■■■■■■/the_shortened_GDrive_url

So yeah, Dropbox and Google Drive deliveries are OK only if they are an addendum to your regular Fiverr delivery, which, if I remember well, must not be text only and thus you are required to deliver at least a file.

P.S. conclusion: it would not be ok if you delivered a simple message with the drive link and no attachments (unless, of course, Fiverr is having technical issues and one cannot upload the files)

What do you think about this idea ?!

Here’s the thing: you have to use the delivery button, and you have to deliver something.

However, many of my buyers don’t know how to open a ZIP file that I send them via the regular Fiverr delivery message, so here’s what I do: I attach the files in the delivery message, and I also upload them on GoogleDrive and tell the buyer in the delivery message that they can also access the files via a Google Drive link that I make for them.

Attached you’ll find a ZIP archive with your delivery. In case you’re having problems with the download, you can also view/open all the individual files online using this link: ■■■■■■/the_shortened_GDrive_url

So yeah, Dropbox and Google Drive deliveries are OK only if they are an addendum to your regular Fiverr delivery, which, if I remember well, must not be text only and thus you are required to deliver at least a file.

P.S. conclusion: it would not be ok if you delivered a simple message with the drive link and no attachments (unless, of course, Fiverr is having technical issues and one cannot upload the files)

What do you think about this idea ?!

Can’t help I’m afraid. I’ve never had a problem sending files via Google Drive without attaching anything to a delivery. I have, however, been authorized to do this via CS.

• 1 year later...

Archived