Fiverr Forum

Dropped 2 Levels For First Offense? HELP!

Why is it that I recieve a warning for mentioning a website and I was dropped from a level 2 seller to a level 0? It was a first offense and I wasnt selling her anything from that website. Nor was I trying to detract from my sales on fiverr,I love Fiver. I just dont understand why they wont let me appeal this. It’s so frustrating because up until now I have had a great experience here. It doesnt seem fair that for a first time that they take everything away, without a means of forgiveness or appealing it…

So what do I do now? I dont want my sales to be affected.

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear. On the forum it still says your a level 2 seller but when i click your name you dont have a level. I don’t know what to tell you because your the first person i’ve seen with this problem

It sucks because now I cant offer gig extras… I aksed the customer support people, but the reply I got was “Sorry. This shouldn’t affect you, but NO PROMISES.”

:frowning: all i have to say is good luck!

Apparently that is all the hope I have. Customer support wont answer me.

The update I have is that it is an automate process, that no one can change anything. ;-( Its not right… What can I do to fix this??? SIGH

The first time my level was taken away it wasn’t explained and I was told to wait the second time it was taken away they explained what I had done but restored my level because I had no clue what was going on. Message then and explain what happened maybe they’ll restore it.

Reply to @marieknight: Well that’s concerning. Partly because sending URLs in messages is a necessary part of a lot of my gigs (although they’re links to the client’s own site, but how would an “automated process” know the difference?) and partly because of the response. It speaks to either poor policy or—I hope—a confused agent.

Also, you now suddenly appear to be Level 1 (up from “0” a few minutes ago).

Yikes! Keep trying, alternatively take it on the chin and work hard at getting them back!

Guessing they droped you a level? Now your level 1

They droped my level to Zero. After about 5-6 attempts they raised it one so that I could atleast sell gig extras, but they still droped my ranking and I haven’t had a sale since. I was averaging 3-5 a day, and now NOTHING.

Here is what they told me initially…

"A warning can affect your account in general but as long as you, from this point forward, keep your account in good standing, keep your sales up, provide excellent customer service and get good feedback you should be ok (no promises)."

Then they droped me down to level 0 from level 2. I appealed to the same person and nothing happened.

"Levels is an automated process and if the system detects any activities that are not in accordance with our TOS such as too many cancelations, sending unsolicited messages, complaints from buyers or warnings your account can be demoted. Unfortunately the warning on your account cannot be removed and we do understand your frustration but as long as you continue to sell on Fiverr, keep your account out of trouble, keep up your sales and get good feedback your account can be promoted again. Also please understand that we cannot accept undermining our community by referring users to alternative sites or promoting alternative sites regardless of the users intention. Thank you for understanding, "

It’s funny this person talks of me “understanding” but I dont even think she had read the message or she would have understood that I wasnt offering my client services from another webstie, but suggesting that she as a secretary might find employement there. So I then opened a new complaint, and reminded them that I too am a customer as they get 1/5 of all the money from work I do. I got 2nd person who sent me this…

"Hi Marie. Thank you for your input. Its important for all Fiverr members to understand and and adhere to our terms of service. We can not accept users undermining our community by redirecting users to websites that promote alternative services to Fiverr.com. I gave your account the level 1 status so that you can offer gig extras."

I just thought I would point out for all of the new people that NOTHING like this appears in the Terms of Service. You can click the link at the bottom of the website. There is NO MENTION of this. Look for yourselves. There is a legally ambigious statement that says “All communications, information and files exchange must be performed exclusively using Fiverr’s messaging system.” I would like to point out that all comunication during this contact was conducted using fiverr. Basically the person i was working with during this gig asked me where she might have luck finding work online and we were discussing that on Fiverr’s message system.

The bottom line is until there is some definition in the terms of service to a ambigous statement BE WARY of sending ANY websites as the system is AUTOMATED and this can happen to you too.

It makes me scared. Fiverr is reading our private messages??! D:

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear. On the forum it still says your a level 2 seller but when i click your name you dont have a level. I don’t know what to tell you because your the first person i’ve seen with this problem

It sucks because now I cant offer gig extras… I aksed the customer support people, but the reply I got was “Sorry. This shouldn’t affect you, but NO PROMISES.”

:frowning: all i have to say is good luck!

Apparently that is all the hope I have. Customer support wont answer me.

The update I have is that it is an automate process, that no one can change anything. ;-( Its not right… What can I do to fix this??? SIGH

The first time my level was taken away it wasn’t explained and I was told to wait the second time it was taken away they explained what I had done but restored my level because I had no clue what was going on. Message then and explain what happened maybe they’ll restore it.

Reply to @marieknight: Well that’s concerning. Partly because sending URLs in messages is a necessary part of a lot of my gigs (although they’re links to the client’s own site, but how would an “automated process” know the difference?) and partly because of the response. It speaks to either poor policy or—I hope—a confused agent.

Also, you now suddenly appear to be Level 1 (up from “0” a few minutes ago).

Yikes! Keep trying, alternatively take it on the chin and work hard at getting them back!