Fiverr Forum

Dumb Ad in Buyer's Request

For over the past week I’ve seen this ad and just want to get it off my chest. Paraphrased.

“Oh hello! I’m looking for PROFESSIONAL book cover artist for French novel! I have 14th novel ready! Will ONLY work with someone for $15/cover! Do not message me asking for a higher price, and do not message me with a $100 offer! I want someone who works cheap and fast. THE RIGHT MAN will take this job for $15/cover, and he will have lots of work for a long-term relationship.”

The art he links to reference is a high-quality fantasy piece that my friend would charge well over $150 for.

Every time I click remove request. Every day it shows back up in one wording or another.

I really wish I can just hide his dumb request for good, and reach through the monitor and whack him with a rotten pumpkin pie. :rage::rage:

9 Likes

I can’t help but feel some contempt for the person who posted that. I have to remind myself that in some parts of the world $15 is a lot of money.

4 Likes

That probably means that that buyer keeps posting new Buyer Requests for the same thing. Which, if you think about it, probably means that no one wants to work with that buyer. I wouldn’t. My cover art (and I have designed book and movie covers) costs a lot more than $15.

6 Likes

BlockquoteThat probably means that that buyer keeps posting new Buyer Requests for the same thing. Which, if you think about it, probably means that no one wants to work with that buyer. I wouldn’t. My cover art (and I have designed book and movie covers) costs a lot more than $15.

I hadn’t quite thought of that; I had chalked it up to spamming but you may be right. And good for you! At least you can get good offers for your covers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most of my book and movie covers were designed for hundreds of dollars before I joined Fiverr. :wink:

3 Likes

Waste a lot of time for little money now, and you win the prize of getting to waste a lot of time for little money in the future.

4 Likes

And you probably won’t get to keep your $12 because he will say he doesn’t like it and demand a refund.

3 Likes

yes seen that request posted a few times and happy to say i gave it a miss :joy:

1 Like

Exactly my words. Nothing more to add.

1 Like

Just to double-check since you saw his nutty ad, what would you charge for the type of cover he was asking for?

Might be even cheaper for this buyer to do it him/herself. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

WHELP, I had to hide his ridiculous request AGAIN today. Here it is in its glory:

“Hello everybody, i’m a french bestseller discovering fiverr… Well ! I’m looking for an artist who can handle such illustrations level for a book cover for 15$ price (no HIGHER PRICE please and no cover designer, i want an ILLUSTRATOR skilled in relaistic/fantasy drawing). Lots of covers to come…14th novel to come ! Drawing realistic as the photo ( no amateur please) Illustration will have A5 size, and will not concern the same covers but others from the Saga or my other novels. If the DRAWER succeed the test i will take him on other covers… Best regards ! Before answering have a look on the attachment LEVEL and ambiance ( no children books designer or cartoonist and no cover creator, i want a true illustrator…but price will be 15$ no more) No opportunist please, i can’t order 100$ for a cover illustration. Just a skilled drawer who works fast and i don’t communicate with fake accounts (with fake Google images imported) who joined me. I need someone confident. Best regards, #takecare PS : don’t offer 15$ to negociate a higher price after. It’s 15$/cover and if you are THE MAN it will be a long collaboration. Thanks ! PS2: amateur or different styles that attachment please don’t contact me. Not interested.”

Don’t get me started on that one person who wanted me to color their webcomic, then was complaining that “because they’re working on the project for free, nobody should get paid to work for them.” To quote my gaming buddy “10/10 Mental Gymnastics right there.”

Too true, some Buyer Requests are just not designated for sellers in countries with strong money value (USD, CAD, EUR), but are very attractive to people in developing nations.

Simple solution: keep scrolling.