Dumb question, but can I just cancel an order (NOT "mutual" cancellation)?

thatwordchick

I have a buyer that’s gotten belligerent and disrespectful, and is trying to force me to do a rush job I didn’t agree to (I was told the piece had to be submitted by Sunday evening, I woke up Sunday morning to ALL CAPS messages and threats with 6 hours still left on the timer - and yes, they understood our requisite time zones) under threat of a negative review. I’ve submitted a ticket explaining the situation, and tried to request a mutual cancellation, they bounced it back with more ALL CAPS insults. Is there a way to just manually cancel the job on my end and be done with it? The timer is going to expire before Fiverr gets a chance to review my ticket, and I’d rather not just let it run out - I want it off my dash.

Check this out: Can a seller cancel an order? It may be helpful to you.

Thank you, but unfortunately that just loops back into the mutual cancellation problem. The buyer is rejecting the request for mutual cancellation, so I guess I just have to wait for customer service. I’m a little bit irritated because I know the clock is going to run out and it’s going to look like I missed a deadline even though I’m trying to do all these actions right now.

Thank you, but unfortunately that just loops back into the mutual cancellation problem. The buyer is rejecting the request for mutual cancellation, so I guess I just have to wait for customer service. I’m a little bit irritated because I know the clock is going to run out and it’s going to look like I missed a deadline even though I’m trying to do all these actions right now.

I can feel the relief it gave you, glad it was cancelled!

Is it affect your ratings?

I believe that my cancellation rating will go up, but because customer service cancel the order before the buyer had a chance to leave a review, I think that’s the only place it will affect my ratings. I only have two cancellations out of a hundred orders (one my fault, the other at a buyer’s request), so I’m not worried about another one.

Archived