Fiverr Forum

Earned $30K , 430+ Orders , Became Top Rated Seller, Started my own Company, Bought my Own Car

Hi everyone ! I’m Akshay (Web Developer/Designer), started my journey on fiverr on 28th January, 2017 and there were few ups and downs, but finally on 15th March, 2018 i became Top Rated Selller and have mantained it till date ( Touchwood). And earned a milestone of $30,000 from fiverr and now on 28th May, 2018 bought my very first car Maruti Suzuki Baleno ( P.S I’m still learning to drive).

Fiverr was the best thing happened in my life, i can’t thank enough fiverr to give me a platform where i can earn the most with my skills which wasn’t a case on a 9-5 job. I could never support my family with my regular job, i belong to a middle class family. I remember the day we used to live on rent, had just one scooter, i never thought i will be what i am today and it’s all because of fiverr.

Also, i started my own little startup (devGraphix) short for developers graphics. Hired 2 guys and rented a nice office near my house. Oh and yes i also stopped living on rented house and bought my own house a year ago. I’m seriously very happy ( the reason i am sharing all this with you guys).

So, now the question for the ones who are new here and need a little inspiration…just follow my basic rules/points and you will get success, i gaurantee it

1. Customer Satisfaction and bonding - This is my top rule always, no matter what the cost of the order, whether $5 or $1000, treat all clients equally and give equal importance to all and when you deliver the work ask them if they are satisfied or not, if not give them the quality and satisfaction they need, let your work do the job… don’t ever ask for a 5 star rating from your client. If you do your best and 100%, client will automatically give you a 5 star rating and tip you as well, and that happiness that you get by satisfying ( It’s Nirvana) a client and that tip is a cherry on top.

2. Maintain the quality over quantity - So, i saw lot of people here selling gigs for very low prices just to get orders and ratings and fail to deliver the quality work and i’ve seen 4.7 or 4.8 rating on those people’s gigs and the reason being they focus on quantity rather than quality. If you think you can give 100% quality but you get too many orders or too many requests than you can handle and you end up taking too many orders and fail to deliver on time and bad quality work or client get frustrated because you couldn’t pay attention on their order because you had too many orders, then just do one simple thing, increase your prices, yes you have to… ever wondered why the branded clothes are so costly ? Well they are costly for a reason and that my friend is quality. You can’t sell gigs at cheap prices just to get orders and deliver poor quality work, that’s just not acceptable, it’s very difficult to make a repeat buyer, and once you do…you should mantain a long term relationship with that buyer.

Increasing the prices of your gigs will do 2 things, first it’s gonna get you only those buyers who want a quality work and really wanna work with you and second you’re gonna earn more…so eventually you will have lesser number of orders but of higher values…you will earn more than before and you will also deliver quality work because you have less orders and you can focus on every single order.

3. Maintain above two points - Now that you have learned all this, you should maintain this…everyone can listen to a good speech but following it actually and maintaining it is the key to success. I’ve earned $30K in just 1.5 years. You can too… !!

And when you become a Top Rater Seller, don’t forget how you came this far, you have to keep maintaining that quality…

Keep Selling ! Have a good one :slight_smile:

And here’s my car, It’s 1.2L Petrol Manual Car ( The Top End Variant - Alpha) - Maruti Suzuki Baleno

It has Android Auto & Apple car play as well

Interior dashboard with Apple Car Play on !

This is awesome - I love seeing stories like this. Many congratulations to you, you deserve it!

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing … will inspire others! :slightly_smiling_face:

image What an inspiration you are!

congrats. i can’t wait to get to that level

Impressive brother, this is exactly the sort of stuff I want my fellow countrymen to do. Do your own thing, start your own business, create jobs and don’t beg the government for jobs. Awesome! PM Modi would be proud of you!

Just one thing - I wouldn’t spend the money on the car. I would spend it on growing the business. You don’t need a car in India with services such as Ola and Uber. :smiley:

(On second thoughts, good thing you bought the car. Car sales are shooting up, automobile manufacturing is one of the biggest industries in India, so your purchase has helped boost the economy and the GDP. Wish you had purchased either a Tata Motors or Mahindra & Mahindra car/SUV though… I hold shares in those companies. LOL)

Thanks brother ! Well, i had reasons to buy car and that’s we don’t have Ola and Uber here where i live, Ambala, Haryana… also the location where i live Ola doesn’t come here (Ola is available but only 2 cars in whole Ambala Cantt). And reason for buying Baleno is, no car at this price range offer these features with proper space inside a car (plus i bought it through CSD) so it cost me a little less than usual…

No worries, keep going. If you need help or a second opinion on any issue related to Fiverr, feel free to ask. Good luck!

Really awesome and motivated article for new sellers.

Congrats man!!!
Thanks for sharing your story and these were indeed very useful tips that you mentioned.

Congratulations Brother! Even though i joined Fiverr in March 2015 but my proper journey started in January 2017 as well when i got my first sale. Your story is my inspiration. Though i have not yet bought a car but Fiverr has definitely changed my life for the better.

Much love from Pakistan

you inspired me! this is awesome

Hi,good to see small town guy doing very well in the life.

Congratulations! Always brings a smile seeing such success stories :slight_smile:

Really an inspirational story. Congratulations and thank you for sharing this. :slight_smile:

Congrats! Wish you good luck in future !

congratulation, you motivate new sellers like me :slight_smile:

Congratulations!! Good luck :slight_smile:

Congratulation.!! Truly inspiring.This will motivate new sellers like us to work smartly. Looking forward to hear your future achievements.Best wishes.

Awesome story!:blush::blush::+1::+1::+1:

Good luck for next journey