Fiverr Forum

Editing and Proofreading Resume/Cover Letter/Writing

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well. My name is Alexandra (Alex) I am a Agile Project Management Certified Professional working in federal business development. I graduated with a BA in Conflict Analysis and Resolution with a 3.84 GPA and have provided many students with tutoring and editing of final essays, papers, etc. I was also a congressional legislative aid on Capitol Hill and have extensive experience with research, writing, and analysis.

If I can be of service please check out my fiver gig:

https://www.fiverr.com/s2/6568880a91?fbclid=IwAR3EimHHNxY10mT7L6nwu5q1YqwqWKfNowLp8YnPLrn6ATCuQBqnMLc9ZYg

Welcome to Fiverr. Remember to read TOS at the bottom of the Fiverr homepage. You will want to take references to class work out of your gig description as gigs have been removed or paused by Fiverr for doing so. This even includes proofreading of student material. However, you can proofread thesis and dissertations as I was told in an email from CS.

TOS states:

Third party TOS violation - By taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow taking part in such fraudulent activities.

I have moved your post to “My Fiverr Gigs” where it belongs.

Hi Vickie, in no way is the services I am offering plagiarism, simply helping to edit papers for grammatical errors and helping to formulate resumes and cover letters.

I understand that you are not offering to plagiarize work for students. I am a proofreader too. When I first started Fiverr had me edit one of my gigs because I mentioned proofreading academic papers.

It has also been discussed often on the Forum. Sellers have come here to bemoan the fact that they lost gigs for offering to proofread student work.

There have been many threads in which there were heated debates on if proofreading student work is acceptable. The consensus was that it is not.

“Are you in a writing intensive class?” I would remove this line from your gig description. Then I think you will be fine.