Fiverr Community Forum

Email address sharing with Client

I am providing Accounting & Bookkeeping Service. In order to provide Accounting Service, I need access of client Cloud base Accounting Software like Quickbooks Online, Xero, or Sage.

In order to get access, I have to provide an email address to the client.

My question is when I am allowed to provide an email address to the client.

2 Likes

Holla,

It depends on the context of your service, all you need to know is to not share the email in order to AVOID working THROUGH Fiverr, this is totally prohibited ! As long as you keep your order running through the platform it’s all fine

2 Likes

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

3 Likes

Means I can share the email address after the client accept the order and start providing gig requirement

2 Likes

Yes you can, just keep talking with your client through Fiverr

From the TOS:

Privacy & Identity - You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the Order Page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of Fiverr will not be protected by our Terms of Service.

thanks for the guidance and help