Fiverr Community Forum

Email and contact share on Fiverr

I know Fiverr doesn’t support Email and any contact number share between client and seller. If you share these, the seller’s account is at risk but if someone has a business card gig then he needs these. My question is how the seller will share these? The seller’s account will remain risky? Please, suggest me. Thank you so much.

3 Likes

Sharing personal info is really required?
This is not wise to share any personal info.
Today or Tomorrow you will face in trouble

1 Like

Thank you so much for replay. But business card design requires personal information. What can be done in that case?

1 Like

very easy… you can add this in your gig ‘’ … however because we can’t exchange too much personal info you need to add your own info to the files . ‘’ ( this applies if you’re only doing the layout of a business card for instance ) if the buyer ignores this and gives you his personal info you can add it however I would avoid discussing about that with the client , avoid using words like email for instance .

2 Likes

Thank you so much. What do you think? designing a business card is a little risky for the seller. Please suggest me.

since the service is allowed on Fiverr i wouldn’t say that it’s risky , you just have to write a clear description of your gig and avoid using a few words that can be ‘flagged’ by the system . In your instructions you can say ’ please give me all the info that you want me to add on the business card ’ instead of please give me a phone number, an address,an email…etc , if you want to be extra sure that you’re not breaking the ToS you can ask support for more info ( http://support.fiverr.com )

1 Like

Thank you so much. very helpful information of you.

When designing a business card do not ask question about personal info in the chat or on order page. Instead tell in your description what all info you’ll need and then use requirements like “Send me all the information stated in the gig description.”

4 Likes

Thank you so much. very help full.

You could ask the customer to put the relevant information in a Microsoft Word File. Like you said, that information is relevant for the product. You can simply copy paste the text for the business cards. That’s one way it may not be a problem however I am not 100percent sure it’s not still a violation of TOS. Just an idea.

2 Likes

for requirement purpose, buyer can share his email number address etc. that’s not a problem. It is a common issue. but you cannot share your personal info. Or cannot ask him to contact via those info. Hope you understand.

1 Like

This is the correct way. If buyer wants to add his personal info to his business card or website then he can provide.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Are you sure? Very help full

1 Like

thank you so much. Good information.

From the Fiverr ToS:

• Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

and

Privacy & Identity - You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the Order Page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of Fiverr will not be protected by our Terms of Service.

1 Like