Fiverr Forum

Enough already! just stop the crap!

I feel like ranting. So here goes.

ENOUGH! Stop the crappy drivle already!

My disclaimer.

I have had words on the forum with members in the past. We don’t always agree. Hell, most of the time we don’t. I get angry. I get proven wrong. I get proven right. I get angrier.

This post is NOT for you. Even if any members here read this that have had issues with my posts in the past, this is not for you. Even if we don’t agree I have a high amount of respect for all you forum regulars. You know who you are. Life’s spice is our ability to have our own thoughts and egos. If we all thought the same life would be boring.

Now. For the rest of you.

STOP posting if any of the following applies to you.

• How do I get more sales.
  • Why does Fiverr take so much money.
  • If you have a “dnbennee X call 1-877 sdfsadkmn to learn how to get more girls” post.
  • If you feel the need to think Fiverr is scamming you because you paid for a gig when you don’t even have an account… some of us know what this means. Basically… A competitor trying to stir the proverbial pot.
  • Post your gig up… 5000 times all over the forum… within 1 minute.
  • Why does Fiverr favor buyers over sellers…
  • Provide 5 Million Facebook Likes in 1 minute! (My own personal fav)

Basically anything even remotely related to what I’ve written above!

READ THE DARN FORUM and you’ll find a zillion other topics all the same!

Stop asking such ridiculous questions!

But most importantly… Read the forums and you’ll find your very own topic. Started by someone else!

Stop spamming.

Did you know that it annoys people. You won’t sell any gigs. You won’t get any sympathy. What you’ll get is laughed at 90% of the time or told that we, the forum members are NOT FIVERR!

*** The funny part? The jokes on me because none of these people will even read this post. Ha ha ha. ***

Rant over. I feel much better.

I think people who argue in the forum are interesting. Then again, some people have the personality of a tombstone. I would much rather buy from someone who I found to be lively and passionate about ‘something’. Trying to be ‘perfect’ (think: Eddie Haskell) is just as much of an annoyance as being a real person and showing all of your imperfections. It seems that minding ones P’s and Q’s has not leveled some folk up, regardless. I doubt a huge percentage of buyers bother to read this baloney anyway. It will soon be at the bottom of the fiverr dogpile; nevermore to resurface.

====================

Edit:

I find the sellers who constantly complain about fiverr to be especially amusing. But, what do I know? Far be it from me to tell them to stop biting the hand that feeds them. I am just one person working alone; solving my own crises. I would much rather email support than continually call fiverr admin out on this forum. As I see it, that would just be an exercise in futility and ingratitude.

What really matters is how we treat our customers, not empty rhetoric and false issues.

@steveeyes - I made a point.

My point was at no time did I attack individual people or their gigs. You, on the other hand posted a direct quote from my initial post. And then related it to something that had nothing to do with the topic or anything in it.

In a nutshell, you called my gig crap and stated you (Or others) were laughing at me.

Basically… that’s pretty personal. Especially when you add in that I did not comment on anyones gigs. Or say I was laughing at their gigs. You… did.

And to your statement:

steveeyes said: Ok, my last reply to your post. I choose not to read it anymore

Well, you read that enough to quote it. And my statement that it was directed to the Spammers was written before that quote. So you clearly read it otherwise how could you have quoted something that came after?

I agree. Post away. Whatever you want. Whenever you want. But I can do the same. But I also never stated anyone's particular gigs of category. It was not a personal rant rather a general one. And to add one more point. Even if I had 35 of the same gigs. How do you get attacking my gigs out of a post that really has nothing to do with other peoples gigs?

See my point.

I also find it rather amusing that you keep writing:
steveeyes said: (Fiverr rules, not yours

steveeyes said: start your own fiverr and be king of what is and is not crap

steveeyes said: Only Fiverr can do that

..... Here's the thing. I never once said I 'was' Fiverr or the king of Fiverr or mentioned any rules at all. But you keep quoting the rules. I know very well what the rules are.
Anyhow. Enough on this for now. This will just keep going back and forth, back and forth. You are obviously intelligent. Your posts are nicely written... and by that I mean that you clearly know exactly what my point is. My post was a general rant. Yours had elements of a personal attack. It's written, I've quoted it. That's all.

I'm hoping that you just did what I do sometimes and posted that quote without really realizing the implication. Or maybe not. Who knows. Point is that there's no point in continuing this any longer.

@jtengle

jtengle said: Work your butt off. Every day, all day

Perfectly written.

I may have missed something, but I didn’t notice anyone complaining about “rants” until they were complaining about complaining about rants. I did probably miss it though.

People don’t want to learn, they’re generally lazy and want everything handed to them.

People are stupid. They’ll spend more time asking for information to be handed to them than to finding it themselves - kind of like liars; they’ll dedicate so much time and effort when simply dealing with whatever they were lying about would have been quicker and easier.

Kind, thoughtful, helpful people will always be taken advantage of, and more often than not, eventually get so frustrated that they walk away.

There is enough negativity in life, and anger almost always serves only to harm the person feeling it. Vent it and then move on.

LOL @madmoo. You would be included in the first part of my post.

" Words " Ha ha. Sounds so ominous.

My hero! :slight_smile:

Hey the forum is like TV, if you don’t like a post, turn the channel. What you may call crap may be a necessity for others. How does that go “one man’s garbage is another man’s treasure”. Instead of trying to dictate what poster’s post, you can start your own fiverr and be king of what is and is not crap. Otherwise, you have the Right to post your Crap as much as the next person does. You also have the freedom to read it or not. You choose.

Curious why you have two facebook like gigs that are the same? Some people may laugh or even call that crap.

Just what I’ve been thinking for a while.

Please, can you tell me how to get more sales?? :>

Reply to @jtengle: Awwweee, I was about to ask that question!

OK, I’ll stop joking, but seriously, I can’t agree with bigbadbilly enough.

Also, I don’t want people to say stuff like hey, you are a TRS, you don’t know how we feel,

you already have a lot of orders, blah blah blah, but guess what, when I first started, I had zero buyers and zero orders. We all work our way up. No exceptions!

I feel your pain, @bigbadbilly! It gets soooooooo tiresome to read posts from people whose sense of urgency (“I MUST DISCOVER THE REASON I’VE BEEN ON FIVERR 3 WEEKS AND I’M NOT A TRS YET!!”) and self-importance (“hey, sweetie, c’mon over here and check out my superawesomewonderful gigs, then tell me how wonderful I am”) leads them to think everyone should drop everything and solve their problem for them. Now. I just LOVE when they get no response for an hour, so they post on their post ("???").

I admit, however, that I sometimes enjoy sarcastically pointing out the obvious. (“Apparently you missed the section in the TOS when you signed up that said…”) (“Customer Support is very secretive and difficult to find. There’s a link on every page of the Fiverr site”)(“What? You bought 100K fake likes so you could artificially fake your YouTube video ratings, and they disappeared after a week? Wow.”)

But sometimes I remember how I struggled to figure out how this sometimes obdurate website called Fiverr works, because for some damned reason I don’t find it very intuitive. And if someone is obviously not sure how to solve their problem, or even know where to find a solution, then, yeah, I try to offer some help. Even if it’s just to say, “The forums have thousands of well-written posts offering advice to new sellers and buyers. And every page has a search box in the upper right-hand corner. Have fun~”

bigbadbilly said: *** The funny part? The jokes on me because none of these people will even read this post. Ha ha ha. ***

This about sums it up, I'm afraid.

@steveeyes - I was wondering when someone would take personal offense to what I wrote. But, like you said. I’m free to write whatever I want. However, I think you skewed my meaning in your haste to lay the Smackdown on me. So to speak.

The main bulk of my post was referencing people who:

A: Spam.

B: Complain about Fiverr’s 20% take. Even though they agree to it and it’s quite prominent everywhere when signing up.

C: Competitors spamming up the forum with BS. Or strange links.

D: Spam the Forums.

E: Ask the same question that is posted 6 times directly above their post, and 7 times below it.

As for having 2 Facebook gigs… Well. I can only guess you looked at my profile when I was in the middle of shifting gigs. Because I assure you I only have 1 active Facebook gig and only ever have 1 of the same gig active at a time.

And why do I sell my Facebook service? Simple. Because there is a market for it. And since I don’t use Bots and can provide them reliably why not? Helps fund my movie.

I am curious how my Gigs have anything to do with you quoting my phrase:

steveeyes said: Some people may laugh or even call that crap.

Especially when I use that phrase referencing people who spam up the forums. You know… they post their gigs 50 times in every category.

Now. You want to know why I posted this thread @steveeyes? To rant. And because contrary to what you wrote in it’s defense… it is irritating when I can’t find any posts at all because someone has littered the forum with 20 messages of pure spam. Or someone has posted their gig 50 times. Or there are 30 people all asking the same question. All these take up valuable forum real estate.

… Oh. And I am the King of Fiverr… Err… Or was that Fiverr is King?. Hard to tell now days. My eyes are bleeding from reading the latest " IF YOU WANT YOUR GIRLFRIEND TO LOVE YOU CALL 888-7677-5555 or visit www . 555555555 . com to instantly win 40 million in prizes ". Did I mention this post has taken up 30 spots on the forum.

Maybe we should make a thread thanking the Sheriff’s for their neverending clean up tasks around the forum. That would be a worth while thread.

@madmoo - I know all about it. I manage 2 forums and police 1 that is not mine. I actually wasn’t joking when I wrote:

bigbadbilly said: Maybe we should make a thread thanking the Sheriff's for their neverending clean up tasks around the forum. That would be a worth while thread.

It would just seem kind of lame after writing that here. lol

Comment removed

I love the forum, but it seems like most people want instant help from others. They don’t want to do any research or put in any work of their own. They think experienced fiverr sellers will be able to magically send tons of work their way. It gets a bit annoying.

Want to know the real secret to becoming a TRS and making a full time income on fiverr? Work your butt off. Every day, all day. When you aren’t working on an order you should be promoting yourself (without spamming). There are no shortcuts.

I’m guilty of posting my rants about annoying buyers and certain fiverr policies. Probably won’t stop either. It keeps me from ranting at my customers. :slight_smile:

Not sure what was first, your smack down on what you consider is crap or my reply to your crap smack down. Anyways, the forum is not for tutors only or one time posts only, but a place also for people to vent (HINT: we are posting in the Ranting Forum). So if Smack Down Joe wants to talk about how unfair CS is even if Smack Down Sally already posted it, if it helps Joe to vent, so be it. I’m sure your Rant help you get it off your chest, so Joe should not feel his rant, no matter how times it has been posted before, is any more crap than yours. Actually if you search the forum, you will find a lot of the same Crap you posted above already has been posted. However, your style was a bit more abrasive.

Bottom line, I don’t have to read it. But I have no right to tell Joe not to vent no more than you do, even if we both agree what Joe posted is crap. You can also choose not to read it (HINT: subject should give you a clue) and go on to another post that meets your standards of what is and is not crap. Other than Fiverr rules of what can be posted, I think anyone who wants to vent, rant or whatever, no mater how many times it has been done before, should have the freedom to do so. I don’t dispute the fact you and others may tire of reading it, but the solution is NOT TO READ IT instead of telling others what is and is not crap. Only Fiverr can do that.

@steveeyes. I see your point. But my main rant was to the real spammers. (The ones that do it on purpose with links to other sites).

Ya. I got carried away a little… but why not? If I’m going to spend the time to write something I might as well write it all.

As for being abrasive? Ya. I was. That was kind of the point. Much lighter a read than my initial version, which I edited before posting. Ha ha.

I understand what you’re saying @steveeyes and see where you are coming from. But creating my “Rant Post” was much better than blowing up on some pool forum member within his topic. Starting my own was a much better solution.

With you though, you seemed to take personal offense to it.

steveeyes said: Curious why you have two facebook like gigs that are the same? Some people may laugh or even call that crap.

Especially with that sentence. You see... the thing is... I never wrote that about anyone, or their gigs. That quote was about Spamming the forums. Not about someones gigs or anything personal. But you quoted it as a personal attack against myself. Which, in my humble opinion was not cool.

I was defending the Right for others to post what they wanted as often as they wanted, as long as it does not violate Fiverr’s rules, even if it has been posted before, without it being called crap.

From your list above:

• How do I get more sales.
  • Why does Fiverr take so much money.
  • If you have a “dnbennee X call 1-877 sdfsadkmn to learn how to get more girls” post.
  • If you feel the need to think Fiverr is scamming you because you paid for a gig when you don’t even have an account… some of us know what this means. Basically… A competitor trying to stir the proverbial pot.
  • Post your gig up… 5000 times all over the forum… within 1 minute.
  • Why does Fiverr favor buyers over sellers…
  • Provide 5 Million Facebook Likes in 1 minute! (My own personal fav) - See more at:

In your list, you talked more than just about spamming, which is already a no no on Fiverr, but also what is considered not to be spam (Fiverr rules, not yours) as being crap. If someone wants to talk about “Why does Fiverr take so much money”, “How do I get more sales”, “Why does Fiverr favor buyers over sellers” and so on, it may be crap to you, but that poster may of needed to get it off their chest, needed more clarification or whatever, just as you needed to vent about what you consider to be Crap even though what you posted has been posted before.

Sorry if you took me pointing out that you had duplicate gigs as being personal, but maybe there is a bit of “oh crap” is why you want to play the cards "I can attack everyone who posts what I consider to be crap and it should not be be taken personally because I said it wasn’t – however, when someone doesn’t agree with your rant or points out something that is against Fiverr rules you play the “I’m being attacked personally” cards. Maybe looking in the mirror and reading your post out loud will do some good. Ask Fiverr if duplicate gigs are cool or not, and guess what, I don’t even have to be involved.

Ok, my last reply to your post. I choose not to read it anymore (see how it is done) but feel free to keep posting over and over – as long as you are not violating Fiverr’s rules, it is your Right to do so no matter if one considers it to be crap or not.