Episode 1: Fiverr in Hours

AWESOME!! Superb

Its great experience hearing you all.

Reply to @davefreeman: It was a pleasure to work with you, Dave!

Reply to @mariekaz: I’m using my real name too! But that’s a great question. We will add it to the community questions list for a future episode.

Reply to @reddhorrocks: Hi Redd! You’re doing a great job here for the Fiverr community! You’re actually the reason I signed up to Fiverr. I read an article about your success and was inspired to sign up. I’m still new here but so far so good. Thanks for the inspiration. :slight_smile:

Reply to @wowyou: Oh wow, thanks! That’s lovely to hear!

Reply to @jcmcbride:

Hey there! In answer to your questions:

1. I monitor everything ha! The tool I built myself (mentioned briefly in the podcast) allows me to track how long each gig takes me and calculate an hourly, daily and weekly rate based on the time/revenue inputs. I find the more you track, the smarter you work.

2. I think the key to a good extra is having it as a ‘progression’ from your base gig. If the extra is a ‘natural’ fit for your base service, it’s probably more likely to be ordered.

To give you an example, one of my gigs is “I will improve your website with 10 tips” (which is a hand-typed report). An extra on that is “I will video review your website”. That’s a natural progression based on the initial service. However, if I went a bit too far out-of-the-box and offered “I will tweet your website to 10,000 people” as an extra it is probably a bit too unrelated, in regards to the initial base gig, to be suitable for my target market. It would probably still convert in some way but not as well as a more natural progression.

On the flip side of that, you want to try and avoid an obvious extra, as you’re wasting an extra space. An example of that is, “I will record a 100 word voiceover”, with your extra being “I will record another 100 words”. It’s such a clear upgrade that we could just order your base gig with a 2x quantity, meaning we’ve “wasted” our extra space to provide something a user didn’t necessarily know we offer (maybe, in that scenario, some audio cleanup/mixing?)

Fiverr provides you with tools to see how many ‘extras’ you sell, so tracking that can make you determine how good the extra is and which scenario it fits into, i.e:

1. An obvious extra
  2. A natural progression
  3. Not appropriate for your target audience

Reply to @crslaytor: Haha I usually switch to tea after the coffee

@david388 am happy to update that Fiverrcast is now available on iTunes

@bmyshomemade you can now find it on iTunes

Reply to @willywonk: You can now find Fiverrcast on iTunes and Stitcher

Reply to @adnanjilani90: Great work!

Reply to @ammadkkhan: Start by spelling ‘Customer’ correctly on your profile page. You have misspelled it and would deter buyers from ordering.

Reply to @reddhorrocks: well this is simply cheating :smiley: just kidding!

Reply to @moshiur196: Between the forum, the blog, the Fiverrcast, and the Fiverr Academy I’m sure you will find some helpful advice! :slight_smile:

Very helpful to hear how folks cobble together their days, stay organized. Well done!

Why are you limited to 20?

Setting expectations upfront with customers is very important.

This is really cool :))
From this day, I will start FiverrCast Marathon! :slight_smile:

Great Information…Specially about videos…