Fiverr Forum

Error message while trying to create account

Hello,

I am trying to set up my first Fiverr account. I hope the file above that I uploaded works. In summary, on the portion of the account creation process where one describes the gig and enters FAQs, I am getting a red warning across the top that reads: Gig service updater answer is too long (maximum is 300 characters)

My description uses 775 of 1200 characters, and none of my FAQs (of which there are ten) exceeds the 300 max character count. This is keeping the FAQs from saving the description from updating. I have no clue what to do from here.

Help please?
Thank you.

kindly check the FAQ. i think your FAQ answer exceed 300 character.

I see you are offering to help with essays which is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Against what? I read the Terms of Service in its entirety before posting anything and see that there are a skillion ads for essay writing. What do you mean, lloydsolutions?

Also, ruhul_tusar, I did not see the FAQ section so thank you pointing that out. I searched and found that I need start over. Argh. I can copy but this will be a pain. Thank you.

Gigs may be removed by Fiverr for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
* Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers
https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service
Unfortunately, it includes proofreading of essays etc.

Okay, I see that now. I am not preparing, writing, or improving any content. I am fixing mechanical errors in something that someone else wrote. Is that the same? What about the hundreds of other essay writers on the site? I don’t completely understand.

If you type “essay gig denied” in the search bar above you will find several posts on the subject. Such gigs are likely to be removed at any time.

Will leave that with you.

Thanks, lloydsolutions. Will remove that and a few other things.

Just wanted to give you a heads up! :slightly_smiling_face:

I very much appreciate it. I am still learning how to navigate around the site. Does Fiverr “look it all over” before publishing it, to ensure it meets the standards?

This may be helpful to you: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/creating-a-gig

You will find the answers to many of your questions here:
https://support.fiverr.com/

Great. Thanks, read it all. One last thing, please, lloydsolutions (and I DID look for an answer to this):
I removed essays, theses, and dissertations on the Description and FAQ section of the gig creation process. However, when I look at the Preview/Overview page, those changes are NOT reflected in the right-most bar (the one with the gig picture at the top, under the boxes “Edit Gig” and “Order Details”). These omissions ARE reflected in the “About this gig” section on the left. I cannot see where I can change this and do not know where it came from. Can you help?

Unfortunately I can’t help you with this but I am hopeful that someone else can.

You may need to start the whole thing over again from scratch.

Click on your avatar image when you’re in selling mode, and then ‘My Profile’.

You’ll see your description on the left hand side and you can edit it there. :slightly_smiling_face:

The unwanted text is in your profile description - your gig description’s fine now.

Hi @proofing4peeps,

This is what I see when looking at your gig

Well, this would be the FOURTH time becasue each of the previous had that error and the SAME issue with the preview page. If this helps anyone who may know. I even changed the format and the old format remains over the re-do’s.

That’s your profile description which needs to be edited in a different place, not in the gig editing section. :slightly_smiling_face:

THANK YOU ALL!:cat::cat:

I now see the difference between the preview and the profile areas.

Getting there slowly…

Ah geez, one more question. For now. :wink:

On the Pricing page, there is an option at the bottom to do more words. I chose the $5 for 500 additional. Where does this show up?

In the word count, when people choose text exceeding 2000 words, every 500 extra words will add up $5 to your $20 base gig.

So, If I have a 3000 word count document, I’ll be charged $30 ($20 for the first 2000 words plus $10 for the extra 1000 words) plus $2 fee. Total=32 and you would be earning $24 (Fiverr keeps 20% commission).

PS: Keep in mind that your delivery time doesn’t change while changing the word count so, if somebody orders a 10,000 word count document, you will still have to deliver it in 4 days as that is the days you have set.