Fiverr Forum

Ever notice how the ranking system is more oriented towards punishment than reward?

I bring this up because I notice a huge discrepancy when it comes to negative vs positive feedback. I used to sell here many months back and got tired of dealing with crazy, rude, jerk buyers so I left for a few months. I came back one month ago and I had a solid 90% rating at the beginning of the month. In the last month I have filled maybe 2 dozen orders. Half have given me the thumbs up and half have left no comment at all. So lets say I got 10 positives. That brought me up a whopping 2% to 92%. Wow, big reward! So today one rude seller decides he wants to give me a negative review. All of the sudden, that one negative drops my ranking down to 89%. WTF man! That is just ridiculous! Don’t you all agree this system needs changing? So now I have to get around 25 positives to balance out the one negative?

Also, just so you know…the person that gave me a negative feedback was a big PITA from the beginning because first he didn’t follow the instructions on my gig. I ask for HTML code so I can do an analysis of his postings. The guy sends me a jpg of the title of his post only. What am I supposed to do with that? On top of that I had a 3 day lead time. All 3 days I was begging him to give me information to do the gig and the clock is ticking. He would not respond. Finally I had to do a rough analysis based on what little I was given. Then he shows up and gives me a negative review that I didn’t answer his questions. So I contact Customer Service to remove this ridiculous review, they tell me that I need to get the buyers approval to remove it. Are you people insane? Why would the buyer allow me to remove it if he has been trouble from the beginning? These are big issues in Fiverr as far as I am concerned, when a seller does his best and still gets punished.

I think perhaps a review of “Percents” would be in order.

Bear in mind, if you have a stock, And it goes down in value 20%. So from $100 / share to $80 / Share, Notice, to get back to ‘break even’ it would have to go up 25%…

Additionally, if you have 9 positive thumbs up. And then you get a 10 review and it’s negative.

Your “percentage” is 9 out of 10. Or 90%

If you go and get 1 more positive, it’s now 10 out of 11 or ta-da 91%

So yes, it’s just the way percentages work.

To be able to “ignore a crazy, rude, jerk buyer” (your words, never mine) you would need 100 out of 101 positive reviews. Even then it might round to just 99%

It’s like this, if I give you a quiz with 4 questions. And you get “just one wrong” you get a C. :slight_smile:

Bear in mind, if you have a stock, And it goes down in value 20%. So from $100 / share to $80 / Share, Notice, to get back to ‘break even’ it would have to go up 25%…

Additionally, if you have 9 positive thumbs up. And then you get a 10 review and it’s negative.

To be able to “ignore a crazy, rude, jerk buyer” (your words, never mine) you would need 100 out of 101 positive reviews. Even then it might round to just 99%

It’s like this, if I give you a quiz with 4 questions. And you get “just one wrong” you get a C. :slight_smile: