Every Sellers Story :(

Hello,

It’s really very sad to see that Fiverr is only working from a buyers point of View. There is not even a single instance where a decision is made in favor of Sellers. It’s like Fiverr For Buyers :unamused:

Everytime a seller has to suffer no mater how right he is even he is having tons of evidence the decision will be in favor of buyers.

For example:

For sellers promotion all the mutual cancellation are also considered. It’s like how can you consider mutual cancellation a factor into promotion. Is it our mistake that buyer don’t discuss their requirement with the sellers? Is it our mistake that sellers thing that we are so professional & can do everything for just $5 or $10?

A buyer has the option to directly place the order for the lowest price in the gig & expecting the a fully loaded website with everything. They don’t even consider contacting for sellers availabilty, or ability to do work, or he is capable or not.

And then if a sellers say that I can’t do this for this price then they ask for cancellation & we mutually cancelled. The result is Buyer gets the amount in return & sellers get a small share in cancellation rate.

Also even if a sellers delivered all the work & there is a chargeback done by a buyer the Fiverr Support cancels the order & on contacting Fiverr Support & giving them all the required evidence that order was delivered successfully Fiverr Support team says that they can’t do anything as fighting against a chargeback is not in their policy. So sellers suffer here again :thumbsdown:

And also if a buyer ask Support team to cancel the order they will cancel it immediately without even seeing that seller has worked hard to deliver the project.

I know all the sellers are helpless & can’t do anything in this situation.

I know your story and that your experiences on Fiverr haven’t been great for no fault of yours, but you have to soldier on and do your best. Of course, don’t get too dependant on Fiverr, look for other sources of income as well. All the best!

It’s just something we have to deal with. Like in the real business world, things ain’t bright all the time. Try to get over those bumps and concentrate on the benefits that this platform has to offer.

@exilegraphics I am just saying atleast the platform on which we sellers are working should support us. And not blindly follow what buyers are saying & take decision in their favor. It’s not that buyers are right all the time. And also its not that if a buyer is happy he will bring more sales, even we sellers are equal responsible for the sucess & failure of Fiverr. So both should be given equal importance & policy should be such that will be equal & unbiased for both seller & buyer.

Dimana, I understand your frustrations completely. I just got back on Fiverr a short time ago because I’ve distanced myself from the platform because of the way it treats sellers. But, at the same time, it can bring a lot of work - and money. So I just try to be as professional as possible and provide my best work, and be aware of the bad things that can happen too.

I wish you all the best.

Indeed. Buyer favoritism can’t last forever. Once sellers get enough personal experience from it, they quit. Simple as that. I’ve seen a few successful sellers already talking about stopping selling, which is not good. Sellers that provide bad services or are lucky enough to not experience it wouldn’t care, but those of us that put their heart into their work do care.

Any big changes wouldn’t even be needed. A simple thing to create equality is to give buyers their own rating that is only decided by sellers. This rating would then show up on the order page, and the seller can choose to decline the work if the buyer has received lots of bad feedback from other sellers. This would encourage bad buyers to communicate with their seller if they have any issues in a friendly manner, instead of blackmailing, leaving fake reviews and abusing the system in general.

If someone thinks that is a good idea, feel free to re-post it in the suggestions forum if no one else has suggested it yet. :slight_smile:

This rating would then show up on the order page, and the seller can choose to decline the work if the buyer has received lots of bad feedback from other sellers. This would encourage bad buyers to communicate with their seller if they have any issues in a friendly manner, instead of blackmailing, leaving fake reviews and abusing the system in general.

Yes, I completely agree with you. But their should be atleast 1 feature where we are able to decide what we have to do. Accept the order or decline it without affecting our account status.

Mutual cancellation are there but it does affect our account at the time of level up-gradation.

Get Outlook for iOS. [Inappropriate link removed by Mod.]