Everything was going great... until my account was disabled

kevbotmed

Everything was going awesome. I had completed 32 orders and was on my way to becoming a level 2 seller.

I saw somebody else’s gig idea for editing academic writing, and I thought that might be a good way to expand my platform.

I made a similar gig, which ended up violating the terms of service.

After a review, Fiverr deleted my ENTIRE account and ALL OF MY GIGS, which were gaining momentum with buyers!

I also had $1300 pending clearance!

My questions are…

1. Will I receive the money pending clearance, which I earned through countless hours of work?
  2. Is there any possible way to recover my account and associated gigs and 5-star reviews?
  3. Whom can I talk to to learn more about the mistake I made and how to avoid this in the future? As of now, I am not even sure which service term I violated.

Very disappointing. I realize there are a lot of scammers out there, but I am not one of them! And yet, my whole platform was deleted!

Many sellers somehow slip under the TOS rules and have fraudulent GIGs. it is matter of time until someone reports them.

The TOS clearly states any academic work is not permitted. If you only consulted TOS prior making GIG you would be safe.

I am guessing you already talked with CS about your case? Can we see the official reply?

Do you have images of your GIGs?

On 6/7/2020 at 2:45 PM, marinapomorac said:

Many sellers somehow slip under the TOS rules and have fraudulent GIGs. it is matter of time until someone reports them.

The TOS clearly states any academic work is not permitted. If you only consulted TOS prior making GIG you would be safe.

I am guessing you already talked with CS about your case? Can we see the official reply?

Do you have images of your GIGs?

My other gigs were not related to academic work. I was editing personal statements and medical school application essays. They did not violate and terms of service.

This just happened this morning, so I am waiting for their response!

Just because your doing well doesn’t mean you’re not violating the TOS. 1 violation can spell disaster. They don’t always give out warnings. I’d contact CS about your previous earnings.

Having completed over 30 orders, I really don’t think I was violating the TOS with any of my other gigs. It was just the formation of a new one that triggered the warning.

I contacted them, and my fingers are crossed that I can eventually withdraw the funds. That was a lot of editing work.

Pretty frustrating situation. I know there are a lot of scammers out there, but I am not one of them. It was an innocent mistake, so maybe there is something they can do.

Having completed over 30 orders, I really don’t think I was violating the TOS with any of my other gigs. It was just the formation of a new one that triggered the warning.

I contacted them, and my fingers are crossed that I can eventually withdraw the funds. That was a lot of editing work.

Pretty frustrating situation. I know there are a lot of scammers out there, but I am not one of them. It was an innocent mistake, so maybe there is something they can do.

If your account is disabled and probably they are unable to release the account, you will be able to withdraw your funds after 90 days, they will send you mail once the 90 days reach.

On 6/7/2020 at 2:57 PM, kevbotmed said:

1. Will I receive the money pending clearance

"Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Fiverr’s approval."

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

On 6/7/2020 at 2:58 PM, bodmas said:

If your account is disabled and probably they are unable to release the account, you will be able to withdraw your funds after 90 days, they will send you mail once the 90 days reach.

“you will be able to withdraw your funds after 60 days,”

This is incorrect. See my post above.

Edit: I see you have now changed it to 90 days after I pointed this out.

“you will be able to withdraw your funds after 60 days,”

This is incorrect. See my post above.

Edit: I see you have now changed it to 90 days after I pointed this out.

Ok, so the funds pending clearance will clear and I should be able to withdraw them after a 90 day safety period?

My other gigs were not related to academic work. I was editing personal statements and medical school application essays. They did not violate and terms of service.

This just happened this morning, so I am waiting for their response!

I was editing personal statements and medical school application essays. They did not violate and terms of service.

I might be wrong here, but I think that editing medical school application essays does violate the ToS, because students are supposed to write them and edit them by themselves, and because having someone else edit it for them gives them an unfair advantage.

i understand your frustrations, you’re not supposed to offer any school, collage or academic work whatsoever though. sometimes you’re allowed to make things for teachers to use such as tests, i think, but you would have a frustrating time triggering bots and talking to CS all the time

I was editing personal statements and medical school application essays. They did not violate and terms of service.

I might be wrong here, but I think that editing medical school application essays does violate the ToS, because students are supposed to write them and edit them by themselves, and because having someone else edit it for them gives them an unfair advantage.

It may be true that it gives them an advantage, but, by that reasoning then, doesn’t anyone who pays to have anything edited for gainful advantage being unfair? What is the purpose of being an editor, then?

It happened to me too two weeks ago… I assisted my bro to open an Fiverr account with my Laptop Sometimes ago. He went ahead and He started earning. He also assisted his friend open an account with his Comp… and His friend went ahead to earn over $3700 in one Month and He moved to level one, More than I have ever been in 4 yrs in Fiverr. So two weeks ago I received an email that my account has been deactivated permanently for having multiple accounts.

Right now am at ground Zero for introducing new sellers into their platform. I’m not complaining but I think Fiverr should start giving it’s seller a chance to clear things out… Sometimes a computer may crash and you borrow your friends to finish the work, does that mean you have multiple accounts?

It may be true that it gives them an advantage, but, by that reasoning then, doesn’t anyone who pays to have anything edited for gainful advantage being unfair? What is the purpose of being an editor, then?

when you take an exam, they are assessing your abilities, it would be cheating therefore to use an editor, and in many cases the student could be disqualified for doing so

a useful analogy might be the graphic designer on fiverr who asks other sellers to make their profile images for them

books, magazine articles, movie scripts ect are a different kettle of ball games

when you take an exam, they are assessing your abilities, it would be cheating therefore to use an editor, and in many cases the student could be disqualified for doing so

a useful analogy might be the graphic designer on fiverr who asks other sellers to make their profile images for them

books, magazine articles, movie scripts ect are a different kettle of ball games

As an academic myself, I am 100% opposed to cheating in all its forms.

Having also worked as an editor on my college campus in the college sponsored writing center, it is perfectly acceptable for a student to seek professional editing help as long as they first produce the content to be edited. None of my gigs offered to produce content for anyone, only to edit it.

We could get into a philosophical debate about cheating and its boundaries. But at this point, I am frustrated that all my momentum was lost, 20+ 5 star reviews are gone, and I am back to square one on this platform.

As an academic myself, I am 100% opposed to cheating in all its forms.

Having also worked as an editor on my college campus in the college sponsored writing center, it is perfectly acceptable for a student to seek professional editing help as long as they first produce the content to be edited. None of my gigs offered to produce content for anyone, only to edit it.

We could get into a philosophical debate about cheating and its boundaries. But at this point, I am frustrated that all my momentum was lost, 20+ 5 star reviews are gone, and I am back to square one on this platform.

i wouldn’t argue with any of that, i’m just saying that i think fiverr have to be really careful not to allow academic cheaters, and that’s why TOS is overly strict. it really sucks, but i don’t know what they could do

and yeah that is really frustrating, at least you’ll get your money though

i wouldn’t argue with any of that, i’m just saying that i think fiverr have to be really careful not to allow academic cheaters, and that’s why TOS is overly strict. it really sucks, but i don’t know what they could do

and yeah that is really frustrating, at least you’ll get your money though

So was it a TOS bot that deleted my account? Or was that a manual review process and someone at Fiverr actually disabled it?

So was it a TOS bot that deleted my account? Or was that a manual review process and someone at Fiverr actually disabled it?

5r has certain mechanisms in place to detect Academic gigs, before an account is disabled it’s viewed by a human. They do not take disabling accounts lightly. Plus, users can report gigs. Academic gigs are frowned upon, so before creating a new account get permission from 5r CS first.

5r has certain mechanisms in place to detect Academic gigs, before an account is disabled it’s viewed by a human. They do not take disabling accounts lightly. Plus, users can report gigs. Academic gigs are frowned upon, so before creating a new account get permission from 5r CS first.

Good information. Thank you.

Their message to me stated that I may create a new account.

Yes you were. Why do you think you get to breach the ToS?

It explicit says academic work is not allowed. Just because other sellers get away with it that doesn’t entitle you to break the rules without consequence.

Read the ToS of a service and follow them and don’t expect the company to let you break them.

Everything was going awesome. I had completed 32 orders and was on my way to becoming a level 2 seller.

I saw somebody else’s gig idea for editing academic writing, and I thought that might be a good way to expand my platform.

I made a similar gig, which ended up violating the terms of service.

After a review, Fiverr deleted my ENTIRE account and ALL OF MY GIGS, which were gaining momentum with buyers!

I also had $1300 pending clearance!

My questions are…

1. Will I receive the money pending clearance, which I earned through countless hours of work?
  2. Is there any possible way to recover my account and associated gigs and 5-star reviews?
  3. Whom can I talk to to learn more about the mistake I made and how to avoid this in the future? As of now, I am not even sure which service term I violated.

Very disappointing. I realize there are a lot of scammers out there, but I am not one of them! And yet, my whole platform was deleted!

Answering to your questions:

Will I receive the money pending clearance, which I earned through countless hours of work?

Yes, you will. After about 90 days, you will get an email from Fiverr about withdrawing the funds.

Is there any possible way to recover my account and associated gigs and 5-star reviews?

Nope. Once the account is disabled, it is a permanent damage done.

Whom can I talk to to learn more about the mistake I made and how to avoid this in the future? As of now, I am not even sure which service term I violated.

You probably violated academic work. I’d suggest you to view ToS before using any platforms, especially where you can actually earn money. You can always contact CS about it.

And to learn your mistakes, never do the same mistakes ever again.

Extra question: did you have any more warnings rather than this one? I feel it was a very strong ban if it was only 1 warning. They could’ve just deleted the Gig.

Archived