Fiverr Community Forum

Expensive order spanning over 2 months, buyer keeps submitting for revisions, not paying. I'm at my wits end!

Huge 600 € order, started in the beginning of september. There’s a lot of back and forth, as it’s a fashion design job with text, drawings, designs, presentation pages and the buyer keeps wanting edits. The gig does not say unlimited revisions, it just has no setting for that, but the buyer keeps requesting the revisions [with the revision button] which then keeps reseting the payment and delivery deadline and it’s an ongoing circle. I keep telling there is nothing more I can do, but they keep saying they still need a different font or etc. I keep telling that I can do it the last time, but a new thing arises and they resubmit and now want text edited better, etc, etc.

I’m in waaay over any deadlines [that they keep agreeing to extend] and waaaay over the scope. Worst thing happened yesterday: the source file got corrupted and I have the work as is in a presentation [not unfinished, I just can’t make any more of their edit requests literally]. They still won’t accept.

Will fiverr resolution centre look into it and deem the work as not done and I won’t get paid after hours and hours and pages of work?
Will they actually see all the work and endless conversations and revisions and make the buyer pay?

The 3 day wait is also not working as they keep sending in the revisions after I tell I can’t edit any more.

Opinions and help, please?

10 Likes

Since you don’t provide unlimited revision, you can ask the buyer to pay for extra revision. But that might provoke the buyer and might led them to ask for a cancellation and that’s not a good idea at all after days of working hard.

Maybe you should talk with the buyer and tell them to review the delivered project and take their time and point out every modifications to be made and let you know because after that, you won’t agree to any revision and it will be the last revision they will ask.

And regarding the source file being corrupted. That’s too bad. Maybe next time try duplicating each source file while working. I’ve gone through something like this and I learned to make a copy of each project after any changes I’ve made.

Good luck and hope your buyer mark the order as completed soon.

3 Likes
4 Likes

"Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.

“Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Sellers based on the Seller’s Gig and customer care. Sellers may determine the amount of revisions offered to Buyers, including no revisions.”

The above is from the Fiverr terms of service

Unless you want this to continue for a full year, you must start saying “no” - or at the very least charge for each revision.

For the future: Update your buyer requirements with a mandatory tick box indicating how many revisions are included and that they agree to pay the fee for every additional revision.

If necessary, cancel the order - it’s really not worth the wear and tear on your nerves …

4 Likes

I agree with you and i have seen this several times on forum.

Trust me this is a really normal thing in fiverr. Some of the buyers just do not know what they really want. That’s why they wants to do experiment with various changes.
Just satisfy them with the work and find a way out from this.
Experience matters. It will help you for further works.