Experience at Fiverr

shagunrana11

What would help me then @mariashtelle1?

Hello!

I know you didn’t ask me, but I’d really suggest taking the Fiverr Learn course with seller basics. This course will give you tips on how to beef up your gig descriptions, price yourself, offer the right services, and so much more. I’ll leave the link for you below.

Adding on to what Maria said, I wouldn’t offer [English] writing services on this platform. It’s easy to see that your command of the English language and grammar is not where it should be to offer creative writing (or really any writing) services on Fiverr. What you would provide buyers with would not be high-quality, and that wouldn’t be good for your ratings or Fiverr’s reputation.

You can obviously communicate in English, but you’re not at the level an English writer needs to be. You should find something that doesn’t require an almost native fluency in the English language. Maybe offer writing in your native language or some other non-writing service.

Best of wishes!

Link to course (it's free)

https://learn.fiverr.com/courses/online-freelancing-essentials-be-a-successful-fiverr-seller

Thank you for your guidance people. I’m one of those who are a bit desperate about things. Also, none of us are perfect and I’m working on my skills the day I made my profile on Fiverr.

No one said anyone was perfect. It’s plain deceitful to offer a gig for something that you’re not competent in. You shouldn’t offer writing gigs until you’ve worked on your skills enough to be properly fluent.

5 days on fiver, 5 mins on the forum, it’s not a get rich fast website 😉 some people wait for months for their first order. Those who doesn’t wait and take actions can wait less.

I’m sure that having 6.5 score for English test doesn’t help you as you are offering writing gigs.

That’s how I think so too, tbh.

How can you say this deceitful? I’m offering unlimited revisions in my services. I’m an experienced content writer and if I got 6.5 that doesn’t mean I’m not capable enough.

If you can’t get a passing grade on a simple English test, it means you’re most likely not capable enough. Offering unlimited revisions doesn’t help when you can’t fix what’s broken (also it invites problem buyers). Those tests and how you portray your gigs is how you show your “experience” and capability, which doesn’t look like much based on what you’ve shown.

Calling yourself experienced doesn’t make you experienced. You have to show it.

If you can’t get a passing grade on a simple English test, it means you’re most likely not capable enough. Offering unlimited revisions doesn’t help when you can’t fix what’s broken (also it invites problem buyers). Those tests and how you portray your gigs is how you show your “experience” and capability, which doesn’t look like much based on what you’ve shown.

Calling yourself experienced doesn’t make you experienced. You have to show it.

This is an undeniable point.

Archived