Fiverr Community Forum

Experienced in article writing and proof reading but new to fiverr

Hi, I’m new to fiverr.com 3 and projected my first gig but, I’m finding no clicks and messages. Yet, I’m experienced in article writing and worked as a proofreader for a renowned publication house. Plz, help me out pointing DOs and DON’Ts.

Sincerely,
Himel

1 Like

You have several mistakes in your gig description and your post, so perhaps you should kill those errors first.

3 Likes

Thanks in advance,
Would you plz, describe in detail?

No, I will not “describe in detail.” You should know how to find your mistakes yourself as you claim to be a professional proofreader.

I suggest you improve your English before offering proofreading and writing on Fiverr.

2 Likes

Well, I know how to write. Since it is a conversational platform, I choose to make it in a friendly and conversational manner ignoring those freaky grammatical as well as punctuation stuff.

I find it hard to believe that you worked as a proofreader for a “renowned publication house.”

2 Likes

:flushed: (+20 char)

2 Likes

Your gig description is not a “conversational platform.” It is a place where you sell your skills as a writer. If you cannot write properly in your gig description, then you are probably not going to get many orders.

Also, “freaky grammatical as well as punctuation stuff.” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Offering writing and proofreading is becoming a common practice nowadays. I guess the graphic design category is already too crowded… :roll_eyes: :unamused: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Ha ha, I’m not worried about your belief. It’s up to you whether you believe it or not.

Fire, fire, fire
I guess, you got frightened

It’s not up to me. The burden of proof lies on you.

2 Likes

:flushed:

Yeah, right… :roll_eyes:

What frightens me is a “proofreader” who doesn’t even know where a comma or a period goes - not to mention many other things… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect in it’s weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Anon

2 Likes

@ronhi85, you just hit the nail on the head!. :wink:

1 Like

Then, I should mention a worried lady who doesn’t know the right spelling of “know.” Is it correct?

Well, typos happen - especially when the one writing speaks three languages. :roll_eyes:

Thanks for pointing it out. I’ll go correct it!

3 Likes

That is obviously a typo.

Your mistakes are of a more fundamental nature. :wink:

Having hired @maitasun myself, I can assure you that she delivers excellent work.

3 Likes

How did I not see this? :rofl:

2 Likes

You missed it because you’ve mighty eyebrows and faulty eyesight. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: