Explainers webinar: After Party!

frank_d

Hey gang!

We just wrapped up our webinar!

I thought it would be cool if I created this post to address any unanswered questions you had!

I am here if you want to discuss the subject matter, or just let me know what you thought of my presentation!

All feedback is welcome!

Here’s the link if you missed the webinar and would like to watch my lecture:

favicon-32x32.png.f87ad2854662efa10c0338b4637c6e4f.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.adbe81fde0f0a766349fad148b35ae87.png

Fiverr | Video and Animation Webinar

An exclusive webinar covering the ins and outs of Whiteboards & Animated Videos

Please note that the two flowcharts I designed for everyone to use, are linked on that page for you to download!

Hey gang!

I thought it would be cool if I created this post to address any unanswered questions you had!

I am here if you want to discuss the subject matter, or just let me know what you thought of my presentation!

All feedback is welcome!

Here’s the link if you missed the webinar and would like to watch my lecture:

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Fiverr | Video and Animation Webinar

An exclusive webinar covering the ins and outs of Whiteboards & Animated Videos

Please note that the two flowcharts I designed for everyone to use, are linked on that page for you to download!

Hi @frank_d, the webinar was exceptionally well done as expected.

It truly helped answer some questions I’d been meaning to ask. Just one last thing, your beard was absolutely fantastic.

What advice would you give someone trying to grow their own because you seem like the guy to ask.

I do have some other questions but I will save them for future webinars (which I hope to attend) that are more relevant to my category.

Great job Frank.

It was great, lots of stuff to learn, especially for the newer people that are ALWAYS asking how to get higher ranking, how to get more sales, without actually focusing on the user experince. Hopefully this removes many of the unnecessary posts.

Thanks for the shoutout too ( My name is Alex, I don’t really use it here unless I am talking with clients).

I said it there and I will repeat it here. Your presentation and what you have spoken are great and superb informations.

This was extremely sad to watch and hear. The fact that everything you showed should be common sense and how sellers prepare themselves for the selling process and the materials and everything, from the description, FAQ and mandatory requirements, clients brief, having Quick replies ready, all of this is covered in guidance for sellers in HELP section and TOS videos.

Practically what people should do; and 99% fails at it; is reading the HELP section and TOS.

It was sad to see how many sellers said this was helpful to them meaning they never actually took time to read the “Selling on Fiverr” which guides them through every step of the process.

Everything that you suggested for sellers to do; I did when I was preparing my files and folders for GIGs. I thought it was common sense to take this approach as a professional designer or animator.

It just confirmed to me that teachers are never going to be out of work. Repeating over and over and over the same things that were explained 10 years ago for Fiverr is just standard.

It truly helped answer some questions I’d been meaning to ask. Just one last thing, your beard was absolutely fantastic.

What advice would you give someone trying to grow their own because you seem like the guy to ask.

I do have some other questions but I will save them for future webinars (which I hope to attend) that are more relevant to my category.

Hey @ssj1236 thank you for your kind words and thank you for attending!

I’m glad my presentation answered some of your questions, I am always here on the forum for the rest!

Just one last thing, your beard was absolutely fantastic.

I literally laughed out loud!

Exercising and having a great sleep schedule helps with growth!

(ok part of it is also genetics, I guess)

I said it there and I will repeat it here. Your presentation and what you have spoken are great and superb informations.

This was extremely sad to watch and hear. The fact that everything you showed should be common sense and how sellers prepare themselves for the selling process and the materials and everything, from the description, FAQ and mandatory requirements, clients brief, having Quick replies ready, all of this is covered in guidance for sellers in HELP section and TOS videos.

Practically what people should do; and 99% fails at it; is reading the HELP section and TOS.

It was sad to see how many sellers said this was helpful to them meaning they never actually took time to read the “Selling on Fiverr” which guides them through every step of the process.

Everything that you suggested for sellers to do; I did when I was preparing my files and folders for GIGs. I thought it was common sense to take this approach as a professional designer or animator.

It just confirmed to me that teachers are never going to be out of work. Repeating over and over and over the same things that were explained 10 years ago for Fiverr is just standard.

Hey @marinapomorac I was really happy to read your comment.

I am with you 100%.

A bit of BTS if I may: the original presentation was very different.

My original deck was laser focused on the marketing of it all, and explained what the customer journey is, and how it’s different than the customer experience.

BUT

After initial discussions with the Fiverr team, it became clear that a webinar with that subject matter would only appeal to 4-5 people.

We made a conscious decision to start from the absolute basics.

I was bummed out too, I am not going to lie.

Plus it was harder for me to look for value in what I was saying, as like you said, what I said tonight was pretty much what we call “common sense”.

The data Fiverr used to figure out what the pain points should be, are there and they are screaming that sellers need to hear this, before moving on to more advanced concepts.

While the webinar itself may have been a bit on the basic side the Q&A at the end was very insightful.

As someone attending his first Fiverr Webinar, it definitely showed the kinda effort presenters put into it which is making me look forward to webinars that talk about topics more seasoned sellers would be interested in like sustainability.

Hey @marinapomorac I was really happy to read your comment.

I am with you 100%.

A bit of BTS if I may: the original presentation was very different.

My original deck was laser focused on the marketing of it all, and explained what the customer journey is, and how it’s different than the customer experience.

BUT

After initial discussions with the Fiverr team, it became clear that a webinar with that subject matter would only appeal to 4-5 people.

We made a conscious decision to start from the absolute basics.

I was bummed out too, I am not going to lie.

Plus it was harder for me to look for value in what I was saying, as like you said, what I said tonight was pretty much what we call “common sense”.

The data Fiverr used to figure out what the pain points should be, are there and they are screaming that sellers need to hear this, before moving on to more advanced concepts.

I am with you 100%.

Thank you. This “parrot” approach Fiverr has, I wish they would develop and evolve from it in a form of making a checklist for every seller before posting the first GIG:

Thank you for considering posting your services on our platform. Before starting please make sure that you have the following ready:

a) GIG title

b) GIG description

c) pricing

d) FAQ

e) mandatory requirements

f) Clients brief in PDF

g) portfolio images in X×Y dimension, original work

h) short 75 second video (optional)

i) Quick reply for enquires

j) Quick reply for order delivery

At least something that will stop them and force them to think before making GIGs.

I am with you 100%.

Thank you. This “parrot” approach Fiverr has, I wish they would develop and evolve from it in a form of making a checklist for every seller before posting the first GIG:

Thank you for considering posting your services on our platform. Before starting please make sure that you have the following ready:

a) GIG title

b) GIG description

c) pricing

d) FAQ

e) mandatory requirements

f) Clients brief in PDF

g) portfolio images in X×Y dimension, original work

h) short 75 second video (optional)

i) Quick reply for enquires

j) Quick reply for order delivery

At least something that will stop them and force them to think before making GIGs.

@marinapomorac believe it or not, they are very much aware of what the issues are, and at some points it was brought up by someone on the team, as a joke.

Like how we should make some things mandatory before people can even sell stuff.

But that’s probably not going to happen.

@it_khabir

There is no easy answer, as what you are asking is not correct.

There is no ranking anymore. Fiverr doesn’t serve pages of results like google does.

Fiverr is now Tinder.

It wants people to match and… well, love each other at first sight.

So if you are not getting messages or sales in, you are not considered relevant by Fiverr, for what people in your niche are looking for.

And I am feeling very generous tonight: I took a look at your profile, and I have to say that what stuck out, was the fact that you advertise a converting landing page, and you can’t do that for yourself.

I am not attacking you, I am just asking you to think, how to apply what you surely know, to your gigs.

I think your best gig out of the three in terms of potential, is the landing page one. But your thumbnail is badly designed, so that’s definitely not helping.

It was a really outstanding presentation. I am glad I joined the webinar.

thank you @rahulkajla1 for attending! I’m glad you found it useful.

@marinapomorac believe it or not, they are very much aware of what the issues are, and at some points it was brought up by someone on the team, as a joke.

Like how we should make some things mandatory before people can even sell stuff.

But that’s probably not going to happen.

@it_khabir

There is no easy answer, as what you are asking is not correct.

There is no ranking anymore. Fiverr doesn’t serve pages of results like google does.

Fiverr is now Tinder.

It wants people to match and… well, love each other at first sight.

So if you are not getting messages or sales in, you are not considered relevant by Fiverr, for what people in your niche are looking for.

And I am feeling very generous tonight: I took a look at your profile, and I have to say that what stuck out, was the fact that you advertise a converting landing page, and you can’t do that for yourself.

I am not attacking you, I am just asking you to think, how to apply what you surely know, to your gigs.

I think your best gig out of the three in terms of potential, is the landing page one. But your thumbnail is badly designed, so that’s definitely not helping.

It was a really outstanding presentation. I am glad I joined the webinar.

thank you @rahulkajla1 for attending! I’m glad you found it useful.

Who rents a store, makes a window ad, sends out flyers and then thinks about what the store is going to sell and how?

I have to wait for that thing you mentioned “the 100% effective workflow”, but now I am afraid it is going to be something I already do.

I hope my SM and seller plus program works and they deliver some benefits.

I am noticing that many people got their reply from SM very fast, but my SM is quiet after I asked him to check my GIGs.

I sent him my folders distribution, he can see the files for each gigs section, workflow process, concept of handling low tier clients and high tier clients…

At this point maybe he is copying it and sharing to others “this is what you need to do to improve your GIGs” 😃

Improvement is easy, answering fast is also easy. But what to do when you do not get any messages to reply to?

Who rents a store, makes a window ad, sends out flyers and then thinks about what the store is going to sell and how?

I have to wait for that thing you mentioned “the 100% effective workflow”, but now I am afraid it is going to be something I already do.

I hope my SM and seller plus program works and they deliver some benefits.

I am noticing that many people got their reply from SM very fast, but my SM is quiet after I asked him to check my GIGs.

I sent him my folders distribution, he can see the files for each gigs section, workflow process, concept of handling low tier clients and high tier clients…

At this point maybe he is copying it and sharing to others “this is what you need to do to improve your GIGs” 😃

Improvement is easy, answering fast is also easy. But what to do when you do not get any messages to reply to?

but now I am afraid it is going to be something I already do.

My question to you is this: “what is it that you are looking for?”

Can you describe it in a sentence or two?

What are you trying to achieve but don’t know how to do it as of yet?

If you have not seen Frank’s beard in person, here it is in all of its glory!

887696782_ScreenShot2021-02-25at10_35_36AM.thumb.png.c3a18471c99c1c33d5003d97c9f20791.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 10.35.36 AM1160×710 416 KB

If you have not seen Frank’s beard in person, here it is in all of its glory!

hahaha! thank you for the screen grab @vickiespencer

Yes my beard has grown considerably in the past year.

Maybe there’s a webinar I could do if more people want to grow beards…

but now I am afraid it is going to be something I already do.

My question to you is this: “what is it that you are looking for?”

Can you describe it in a sentence or two?

What are you trying to achieve but don’t know how to do it as of yet?

“what is it that you are looking for?”

Clients that have clear or semi clear vision of what they want, realistic budget and capable of providing constructive feedback and articulate their vision so I can make it happen.

“what is it that you are looking for?”

Clients that have clear or semi clear vision of what they want, realistic budget and capable of providing constructive feedback and articulate their vision so I can make it happen.

OK, right off the bat:

are your gigs created and priced accordingly?

To use your store metaphor, did you set up shop in a strip mall and are looking for people who look to hire agencies?

Maybe I will do that.

I am 100% on beard, er on board.

I can provide you with daily pics, as needed.

OK, right off the bat:

To use your store metaphor, did you set up shop in a strip mall and are looking for people who look to hire agencies?

Maybe I will do that.

I am 100% on beard, er on board.

I can provide you with daily pics, as needed.

As I typed here I just got reply from my SM 😃

My “problem” is I have multiple skills (that come with a story for each of them) and I am not at that level of Fiverr freelancing where I can say “This skillset is bringing me enough income so I will remove the rest”.

My GIGs are created and priced accordingly. But not as a group, individual services.

My logo gig has a different target audience from my overlay gig, and my social media design GIG has a different audience from whiteboard/kinetic video.

As I typed here I just got reply from my SM 😃

My “problem” is I have multiple skills (that come with a story for each of them) and I am not at that level of Fiverr freelancing where I can say “This skillset is bringing me enough income so I will remove the rest”.

My GIGs are created and priced accordingly. But not as a group, individual services.

My logo gig has a different target audience from my overlay gig, and my social media design GIG has a different audience from whiteboard/kinetic video.

I think you are answering your own question.

You need to focus.

From a creative standpoint it’s great you can do many things.

But from a business standpoint, growth in sales and revenue comes from niching down.

No one who is shopping for your overlays can afford a higher-end service, let alone knows what it is.

So if your main pain point is the type of buyers you have right now, then my answer is something you are not going to like: “that’s who your current gigs attract”.

@amazing_fr Thank you for attending!

I am here if you want any questions answered, 100%

While the webinar itself may have been a bit on the basic side the Q&A at the end was very insightful.

As someone attending his first Fiverr Webinar, it definitely showed the kinda effort presenters put into it which is making me look forward to webinars that talk about topics more seasoned sellers would be interested in like sustainability.

I agree. I read everything Fiverr had to give new sellers when I joined. Yet, I enjoyed Frank’s webinar. I did learn some new strategies and was reminded of many I once knew but forgot.

Great presentation @frank_d! I was just curious about your thoughts on @merohan question when it comes to "Sending a custom order to ease the process for the buyer or ask them to order directly, when direct order is also the right fit for the buyer? Thank you!

Thank you @uptwee !

As form @merohan ’s question:

(Sorry I started replying but then I had to quickly revise a few orders)

The way I see it if you already talked with your prospect and you know they need the Standard package, along with a couple of extras, then it makes sense to create a custom offer to streamline the purchase process for them.

They just read your offer, and purchase in one click.

It also reduces the chances of them browsing your gig and adding the wrong gig extra or forgetting to add it.

Heck I even create custom offers for them even if they don’t need a gig extra added.

It still feels streamlined to them, plus it helps me write out EXACTLY what I will do for them.

As for negative effect: there is none.

The only reason why that average price is different in your analytics is so that you can keep track of your Direct and Converted orders so that you know how you perform.

Archived