Exprerienced Fiverr Sellers: Offer 1 tip to the newbies

hotwebideas

I see a lot of new people on this forum and that’s a sign of great growth. I have a LOT of tips to give to the new sellers, but to be fair to all the experienced sellers, let’s all give just one.

To the new sellers: Do you want to get more sales quickly? Please thank the sellers who offer tips that really intrigue you and motivate you.

I will start:

Always upload a video for every one of your gigs. There is never a reason for not offering one. Gigs with videos get extra exposure and have their own category called “Haz Video”.

Next tip, please?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In continuation to what @hotwebideas has said a video does wonders BUT if you are unable to record a video you can still put a slideshow together in windows movie maker live (a free program on windows pcs) to explain the gig your offering in better detail. It can either be written or a voice recording. If a video is completely out of the question and your going to use photos to showcase what you’ll be offering make sure the photos themselves are of high quality. Nothing makes a buyer scroll by you faster then seeing a lousey presentation. It makes everyone think you put no time and effort into it. There is my two cents 🙂

How about this @hotwebideas

Understand the evolution of a Fiverr account.

Begin your gig and gig descriptions with the future in mind. Be willing to “work too hard” for the first 10 to 50 sales. Because 10 and 50 successful sales opens the doors to multiple gig orders, high dollar gig extras, etc.

If you work 1 hour for 10 to 50 gigs. That like 1 “week” of full time work on fiverr at what could well be $5 an hour.

But after that, you can expand the evolution of your gig offer and break down with the addition of gig extras.

And start making a wage of $25 to $45 an hour 🙂

Now we’re talking.

WOW! This forum rocks! When I originally came to fiverr.com, I had in mind that it would be just temporary, a way for me to introduce my product/service of 13 years in the making to the world and put it under the rigorous test conditions of being used as a consultation device for people I have never met. This has forced me to develop a level of efficiency, as a reader that I had not before known to this degree. It has also helped me organize materials for my book, dealing with system dealing with my product. Well, now… I am not so sure that my participation is so temporary any more. The positive feedback has been great and the opportunity to hone my skills has been immeasurable. Go fiverr.com! Into the new year with its unwritten possibilities!

Have you ever gone into a store, and felt like you were disturbing the clerk. You know this by their attitude. Like a short order cook getting mad when a customer places an order 10 minutes before closing. You have all experienced poor customer service.

Expecting the buyer to have the same level of knowledge as you about what you do is not productive. I have answered many questions from buyers about what I do and in doing so I set the stage so the buyer can make a decision.

I would never order from anyone that gives me the impression they are only performing at a level commensurate with “just” $5.00. My gig is about helping people, I let them know my priority is getting them the information they need, and the $5.00 is almost irrelevant.

ankitvish said: MY GIG VIDEO ALWAYS REJECTED BY FIVERR STUFF

Sorry to hear that. I also have had about 5 of my videos rejected by the Fiverr staff and they don't tell me why. Just read the guidelines and make sure your video complies, or yes, it will get rejected.

The guidelines are very strict, but I have seen videos not comply and get accepted. I never understood that part of it.

oldbittygrandma said: and I hope you saved your reply in your "seller's toolbox"

Actually, no. My custom web design packages start from 700$ and upwards and so I don't offer that service on Fiverr. Its just small tweaks here and there, a nip and tuck that I offer on Fiverr. I do receive requests for complete website designs on Fiverr but I have to turn them down because it becomes impossible to manage those many gigs in in form of 5$ payments. If you observe my sold gigs, all of them are multiple orders, at least 10 orders in one go, but it becomes cumbersome to manage. Maybe if I was a level 2 seller then I could better manage the orders, but not right now.

I just volunteered to do it for you because you are my Fiverr-bitty-buddy.

aweberr said: My custom web design packages start from 700$ and upwards and so I don't offer that service on Fiverr.

That's ONLY a for NOW problem.

Once you're even LEVEL 2, you'll be able to do offer 3 (effectively 4 using the Extra Fast as well) gig extras for $40 each or $125 per order. So even on a $700 package

Some could order 3 of those to retain you. $375

Order 1 more when you turn in the first draft on your server $125 for $500 in

Order 1 more for first "tweeks" $625 in

and a final 1 to close the order. at i guess it would have to be $45 for a small discount for the annoyance.

Once you're a TRS...

You'll be rolling out with a single order of $405 with one order :)

And the ability to do $95 on the second order with order multiples.

Simple.

Archived