Extend Orders Button and Extending order ideas

creativeman

On our order pages, as a seller, when we click on “offer more extras” it would be handy to have a button to select "Extend order by “1 day” or 3 or 7 days. Some buyers skim read gig descriptions and only realize halfway through an order they need to send more info for me to complete their order. Or simply life obstacles come up and an extension would make it easier and less stressful.

I could be cheeky and setup a custom extra for 3 days for example simply to extend an order. Has anyone done that?

Great post! I’m an editor and most of my jobs are impossible to finish in just 30 days. I’ve had a few situations recently where I’ve had to charge a client an extra gig just to add time to the project. I really wish there was a way to do that for free. I’ve also tried to spread an edit for a 100,000 word book over a period of three months, which works, but the clients don’t always come back right away. They always come back, but it’s usually over a longer period of time. It would be nice to be able to set up a 3 month gig to ensure more steady work.
I also format books for Create Space and every single project runs longer than the client expects because they inevitably have to send me more information than they anticipated. Adding time to an active project would be a tremendous improvement.

Archived