Fiverr Community Forum

Extended delivery help

Hello!
Unfortunately I was running late with delivery on a custom project. In order to ensure quality of work, I have asked for extended delivery (2 days extra).
Now in order for the extended delivery to be viable, it has to be accepted by customer. Customer has 3 days to accept the extended delivery or to cancel order.
Now if I deliver without him accepting it willbe considered a very late delivery. If I wait for his accept, I will be 1 day late on extended delivery anyway.
I don’t know how to settle this. Can anyone help?

1 Like

You your order already in a “very late” state no matter what it will affect your statistics.

Sending time extension only works if your buyer accept it BEFORE the original order deadline

1 Like

but the buyer has 4 days to accept. if he doesn’t what can I do?

As I mentioned earlier: it doesn’t matter how many days he have to accept it. If your order is already in a very late stage and even if he accepts it, your order still will count as late.

For time extension to work it has to be accepted by client BEFORE THE ORDER DEADLINE, BEFORE IT GOES INTO A LATE STAGE.

1 Like

ok, I AM NOT RETARDED, I ALREADY ASKED FOR EXTENSION BEFORE THE ORDER DEADLINE. BEFORE GOING INTO A LATE STAGE. BUT IT WASN’T ACCEPTED. AND IN ORDER TO OBEY TO YOUR SAYINGS, MY EXTENSION ASKING SHOULD BE LOWER THAN THE DEADLINE. WHICH WOULD ACTUALLY MAKE NO SENSE ASKING FOR AN EXTENSION, WOULD IT ?

I’m very happy to read that. However you keep asking the same question already third time.

Yes it does make sense, if you see that you are not able to complete the order within a deadline you have to send your time extension before the order deadline and for client to accept it also before the deadline.

And if client doesn’t accept the extension within the deadline, it will be late anyways. Is this what are you trying to tell me ?

Thank you for your cooperation :slight_smile:

You cannot force a buyer to accept a delivery extension. You agreed to a certain deadline when creating the order, so the buyer has every right not to accept an extension since you broke your agreement.

He didn’t cancel either

I am aware of that. I am saying that you have to accept the consequences of not delivering on time, meaning that the order will be registered as late.

That’s exactly what I said :wink:
:point_down:

Just deliver the order whenever you can. He can cancel at any time he wants, since “you were late”.