Fiverr Forum

Extending Delivery Time?

Hi,

I got an order which is supposed to complete within 24 hours but I want more time and buyer agreed for the additional time. But now question is how to extend the time ? I’ve read that I can deliver my work even after 24 hours but it will be considered as a late delivery and it won’t affect my ratings but for how long I can work after completion of delivery time?

Thanks,
Amit

1 Like

Hi, sometimes I get into such a situation. Latest being a few days ago I had planned to make an order delivery a few hours before time but then the buyer changed the order description. I had to have extra time if I was to deliver on time so I delivered the progress work for the buyer’s approval so that it would not be accepted or I would keep updating the delivery. I got the 24 hours extra time and evaded negative ratings. This best works when you come to an agreement with the buyer for more time.

1 Like

I am surprised to see that no one has replied this important point. I came here searching a solution to this situation as I am facing this situation now as a seller. What I am trying to do is to ask the buyer to let me submit, then he can ask for a revision. So I get some more time and buyer is also safe. If I deliver poorly, the buyer can still cancel. Hope this is a fair way.

1 Like

You can always just deliver a portion of the delivery (if possible). If it’s a logo design, maybe just send a screenshot of your progress, or if it’s animation, a quick 5 second clip.
It’s just to let them know you’re working on it, and then it gives you time to deliver within 3 days until the order is automatically marked as complete. That way the order won’t be shown as late with the clock running out.
In any case, explain to the buyer that fiverr has that countdown clock and if it runs out with nothing submitted, it gives them the option to cancel-- which is what they don’t want. So just explain to them, you’ll send over a quick progress update, and that will allow you the time to work on it more thoroughly as you agreed on with the buyer.

Also, after you deliver something there is a ‘deliver again’ button you can use to send in the finished product.

1 Like

For me, I’ve delivered portions of voiceovers before if it’s a large project. That way it stops the countdown, and the buyer knows to expect more work since we’ve already discussed it will take longer than 24 hours to complete.

2 Likes

The best way is to ask the buyer itself. Just honestly tell them your problem and why you are unable to deliver on time and explain to them that it would ruin your reputation permanently to have a late delivery. Ask them if they are fine with you hitting the deliver button but delivering the product a little later, and offer something extra to them to compensate for your late delivery. Everyone loves a good deal. Hustle and save your reputation.

You may need to change your delivery times. If you state 24 hours to deliver then the base expectation from the buyer is that they will have it in 24 hours.

1 Like

I never faced this type of problem…But yes it will helpful for me as well all sellers. Thanks Mate!!

Contact the buyer and explain the situation to them. If it’s going to be a couple hours late then buyer deserves to know. Also, you can cancel the order if you know you can’t deliver within the time frame. #JustthatSimple

1 Like

I’ve been in this situation once, and what i did was explain to the buyer that I need more time, and to please accept a mutual cancellation, and after that accept a new custom offer with a later delivery date.

1 Like

While you are right in principle, pragmatically there are some issues with putting all the blame on the seller.

Ordering gig multiples doesn’t extend your gig delivery time. If I offer 100 word voice overs in 24 hours and someone orders 15 multiples, I still have to deliver 1500 words in 24 hours. Even if stating “if over x words, message for custom offer/rate/time” some buyers won’t.

OR, some sellers buy your gig and ask you to do way more, as they didn’t pay attention to the gig at all. Sure, in these cases it’s easiest to cancel but some sellers worry that canceling means the seller won’t reorder with the new timeline.

you can explain your situation with buyer, if buyer agree then you can deliver your work, if any effect comes to in your profile then you have buyer confirmation you can show with customer support team. thanks

There is option of dispute Click on Extend More time it will send request to Buyer If he accept that it would extend.

2 Likes

Nice tip. I strongly agree with this option. Thanks leahemme!

1 Like

Oh cool, didn’t realize there was that function. I’ll have to look into it.

2 Likes

Oh! I never even touched the dispute button. If there is something like that, it is good to have as a separate button near deliver button. Or may be a drop-down arrow to the button for more options like this.

2 Likes

Please Click on Like Button if works :slight_smile:

Go To “Resolve Now” Button at Right corner Then Click On
"Due to personal/technical reasons, I cannot complete the work" Then Click on “Extend the delivery time” Then Your client will accept it without sending any other offer , Please Click on Like Button if works :slight_smile: Thanks

4 Likes

That is really good to know. When I have had problems with delivery I would communicate with the buyer and add a custom add to the gig and include the extended time as one gig.

But I like the way you described alot better.

Thanks

2 Likes