Fiverr Forum

Extra Fee

Why is there a extra when we order now with fiverr ?

Reply to @anarchofighter:

I don’t follow your “Johnny” comment. My name is Jon. But, I’ll assume that was a compliment… so, thank you. :slight_smile:

That is a percentage-based fee from Fiverr to cover administrative costs. They may have other reasons as well, but it is something Fiverr has chosen to include with every sale.

I see where the name Jon comes from. You’re “Johnny” on the spot to set the tone.

Good on you really!

Why the extra fee when one orders now on Fiverr?

I’m sincerely not sure at all. However, it must be a very serious situation because it seems like a choice that would be made only with great desperation. It muddles and muddies an otherwise clear brand and message.

This is one case where the “cents” just don’t make sense to me. It’s a roughly 50% increase in fees collected by fiverr on a core gig order. And 25% on gig multiples / extras.

I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come and I hope it’s one of those moments where someone with an MBA in Marketing and Branding steps up to pull a Susan Powter Moment…

Reply to @jonbaas:

This isn’t to cover admin costs, this is to increase profits.

It amazes me that they would add this. It’s like the Dollar Store changing their price to $1.50. It’s called Fiverr because gigs are $5, not $5.50

moving to gigbucks

gigbuck"s fiverr competitor

Reply to @jonbaas: hehehe Of course you do. And it is complimentary and a bit cheeky. Sort of my persona there

Yea and they charge again when you Tip a seller. I gave a seller a $5 tip and it cost me $2, what! That’s almost half the tip. $7 to tip someone $5 that’s not counting the $2 they charged me for the gig. Scam!!

Yeah. That’s a problem :sob: