Fiverr Community Forum

Facebook , This is the Last Straw Fiverr

So to follow up on my last post…
Long story short. My wife had nearly 500 friends so it was decided that my gigs we’re going to be posted on there to develop some interest.
WoW just 4 days later I’m getting feedback from her friends that they are getting ads from Fiverr. Nice Fiverr using my wifes Facebook to push your site not mine. what a joke . Go out there and market they say, if I use my Facebook to market my gigs and you send out “join Fiverr today” it had better have my gig pic on it!!.

2 Likes

Yeah, you are absolutely right about that! They say promote your gig, but in fact they are just marketing about their own business only. They really need to look for it.

Yep I have a post about this I wrote some time ago

Yeah, because that’s so lame i believe.

1 Like

It’s kind of outrageous
Someone signs up and probably forgets who I am at that point

3 Likes

There are many other things on fiverr that are outrageous as well, and this is one of the top in them.

2 Likes

I did try ‘sharing’ my gig via Linkedin last year. All that this resulted in was a generic Fiverr ad. I wasn’t sure if this was a mistake or not. Now I guess I know.

Conversely, there is a freelance platform which allows you to use personalized ads as widgets on your website and social media. Even better, if people click those and buy from you, you pay zero commission on orders. That’s an incentive.

2 Likes

And remember, Fiverr now also advertises other sellers on your own gig page!

3 Likes

I’m sure that will be next

I need to cool off :exploding_head:I feel violated

If it helps, I checked your profile and you do offer an impressive range of VO services. You also present all your gigs really well. In my opinion, it’s very sad that new sellers like yourself can become so disillusioned so quickly. Fiverr really needs to fix this.

Thank you. I got this far without cheating , lying and offering quality. There is now zero incentive to promote em’

1 Like