Fiverr Forum

Fair Vs Unfair - A Perspective

I keep reading how some people cry “It’s unfair” when their gig isn’t on the first page,or featured, or whatever. You’d think that when eventually it happens to them they’ll then think how fair Fiverr is. But when it happens to them it’ll mean someone else’s gigs aren’t on the first page, or featured, and those folks will cry “It’s unfair”.

People there is no fair or unfair. There are lulls and highs in any freelancing career. I’ve been doing this for decades, and ten years online in various platforms. There are rushes of buyers, then cool downs. Your gig may be seasonal.

And I can’t stress this enough… Your gig on the first page isn’t promised. Please stop posting “I made a gig 20 minutes ago and it’s not in search, so unfair”. Dudes, you have to have patience and really “pay your dues” by working hard and letting your job mature. The longer you are here doing this, the better it will be.

Patience. That’s what will make it all fair in the end.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yes, you are totally right. Plus the first page is only one and the gigs are millions.

Your gigs must appear in search engine but it takes time to get indexed. If they are not well optimized in terms of keywords they will appear on last pages instead of first. Every seller should try to provide the best descriptions and keywords. Then the results come.

Yes, they do it does (seeing how you only have 1 gig)

Is it useful info or simply SelfPromotion Article as usual ? :slight_smile:

IMHO

It’s in conversation thread. Like your moaning one and your “not moaning” one.
You’re being pedantic IMHO.

We’ve already said that nobody’s laughing at you - please stop saying that.

I’m not laughing at you.
I’m not on the first page either.

I’m also not wishing bad things to happen to people like you seem to be saying “just wait until bad algorithm effect come to you, and maybe you will be understand how our feeling”.

I do understand. You’re frustrated and angry. All I’m saying is that we are all in the same boat. We have to make our success happen, just as we can idly sit by and hope the search changes and watch our gigs be in ruin.

this is a public forum!! Sorry, this type of behavior is unexpected :frowning:

You think Fiverr Staff is reading this?

And if they are, which they aren’t, do you think they’ll then go “Ok this person wants to be on first page” and then miraculously somehow everyone that whines about that is going to be on there?

You’re delusional.

Real men don’t go around the forums whining and moaning, real men DO.
I know no one will ever be like my Papa, but hey! At least pretend to be! And instead of wasting time lurking and whining around the forums go back to your Gigs and DO something…

Note: addressed to all whining men in the forum: girls don’t like that! that’s just for the movies! :relieved:

And you know this HOW? They come in and post announcements. They don’t sit here and read each post and thread. That’s what moderators are for. Moderators aren’t Fiverr Staff.

<3 You Wuerz. :heart_eyes: