Fiverr Community Forum

Fake buyer requests

Has anyone else been seeing requests like these lately? https://i.imgur.com/gfBfdrb.png

I’ve come across about 10 of these over the past week. Minor annoyance seeing these almost every time my buyer requests section refreshes…

4 Likes

I haven’t had any of these, thank God, but what kind of a bugger came up with this idea? I barely get to view two buyer’s request each day. Imagine getting one of these :unamused:

3 Likes

I feel like it has something to do with that person a while ago who came to the forum announcing that they were creating test forum posts. They were teaching people how to use Fiverr, by getting them all to make individual forum posts.

Might be a similar case where someone is teaching people how to create buyer requests.

Edit - I tend to get a lot of buyer requests, but only 10% (if that) are even relevant to me. Most of them call for an American voice over, which I don’t offer.

4 Likes

Yes it’s quite sad to see buyer requests are misused.

Initially I thought requests are moderated by Fiverr staff before appearing for view for others, but later realized it was not the case. It has become a place for free and open spamming.

2 Likes

Yeah, the thought occurred when I was reading your post, but I was still irked by the thought of it.

Well, if it helps you get orders than you’re fortunate

2 Likes

Yes I’ve seen a couple…funny thing is sellers actually applied :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I sometimes respond to them asking them not to do that. I imagine others do as well.

The trick is to set the budget to 5000 so there’s no way they would try to accept it…

3 Likes

What?! That’s so funny :joy:

Oh okay. I suppose that explains the offers then.

1 Like