Fake clients, scams, and spam

Is it common to get a lot of spam client order inquiries? I have been a voiceover seller on here for a couple of weeks. I have received several messages from “clients” seeking services. I end up conversing with them back and forth. They eventually cut to the chase and reveal they’ve got an “offer” which is a scam. Does deleting these messages and not responding count against my response time rate? Since I have been on here, I have received numerous examples of this. Only a minimal number of my message have been from legitimate customers. I am just wondering how common this is on here. I’ve not had the same problem on other freelance websites. Thanks!

Is it common to get a lot of spam client order inquiries? I have been a voiceover seller on here for a couple of weeks. I have received several messages from “clients” seeking services. I end up conversing with them back and forth. They eventually cut to the chase and reveal they’ve got an “offer” which is a scam. Does deleting these messages and not responding count against my response time rate? Since I have been on here, I have received numerous examples of this. Only a minimal number of my message have been from legitimate customers. I am just wondering how common this is on here. I’ve not had the same problem on other freelance websites. Thanks!

Does deleting these messages and not responding count against my response time rate?

This may be helpful to you: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/everything-you-need-to-know-about-response-time-rate

They eventually cut to the chase and reveal they’ve got an “offer” which is a scam.

It’s more common for new sellers to receive such messages, but the old sellers sometimes get them, too.

After you reply with something (Sorry, can’t help you), don’t forget to report them and block them. With enough sellers reporting them, they’ll be removed from the site.

They eventually cut to the chase and reveal they’ve got an “offer” which is a scam.

It’s more common for new sellers to receive such messages, but the old sellers sometimes get them, too.

After you reply with something (Sorry, can’t help you), don’t forget to report them and block them. With enough sellers reporting them, they’ll be removed from the site.

I appreciate the advice. I will look for the report and block options next time. Thanks!

Archived