Fake/Duplicate Article Scam is Going On Here

inetgeeks

Recently my content team has found many article writer scamming people on Fiverr.

They usually provide articles in 24hrs. At first the article will look like a real and unique content. When you use copyscape.com or duplichecker.com the content will pass plagiarism check as well.

But the content is not unique or original. They are using blackhat tactic of article html encoding. They simply replace some of the alphabets with corresponding HTML ascii code.

By doing this all major application will show them correctly and users will able to read them without any problem. And Googlebot will also think that the content is unique. But the problem is that, it is not unique content. And this content will never rank in search engine since all search engine will see it as garbage.

Two Tactics to Detect if you have been scammed by writer.

1st - Randomly select one or two line and then manually type it in notepad and then search it on Google. (Make sure you manually type it and not copy paste it)

2nd - Copy paste the whole content in notepad and save it as .html file and then open that .html file in web browser. You will see all the character that are replace with code.

Case Study:

Duplicate Content:
“Bеfоrе dоing ѕо hоwеvеr it iѕ wоrth ѕреnding a mоmеnt tо lооk аt whаt a VPN iѕ аnd whаt it dоеѕ. VPN iѕ аn аbbrеviаtiоn оf Virtual Privаtе Nеtwоrk аnd iѕ a tеrm thаt соvеrѕ a whоlе rаngе оf tесhnоlоgiеѕ whiсh аllоw uѕеrѕ tо ѕесurеlу соnnесt tо a nеtwоrk frоm a rеmоtе lосаtiоn viа a рubliс nеtwоrk, whiсh, in рrасtiсе, uѕuаllу mеаnѕ thе internet.”

The above paragraph is actually duplicate content. But if you google it, or use copyscape or duplichecker it will show as unique content.

Now use my two methods. First manually type first paragraph and Google it. You will find the original article. And then save the content as .html and check it in browser. You will see the charter error.

If you want me to make a video then let me know. I will be happy to make a video for this.

Always use these two step to make sure that the article you are getting is unique.

PS: please don’t ask how to create such articles. I do know but will not share since it will lead into more people scamming more people.

• 1 month later...

This is a very good post and a very true problem. I have also encountered this behavior on Fiver and it seems that there are a lot of sellers that are doing this.

Now… I think that all of those people should be reported, as they are destroying the reputation and credibility of Fiver and also are not providing quality content.

I’m getting bored of these Russian encoding plagiarism posts. Pay decent money to professional writers, don’t run into these problems. If it’s not Russian encoding professionalism, it’ll be something else. The chances of hiring a non-native speaker of English from a country where $5 goes a long way and who can write flawlessly and interesting are really very low (say, academics might manage it, but academic writing is not known for its natural easy-reading style), so you might as well opt for a native speaker who can play with the words and deliver engaging, conversational content while mixing in all the SEO stuff naturally.

Then again, if you’re building a niche site and just want quick content, I guess that’s not a priority. But if that’s the case, why aren’t you purchasing one of those PLR rewrite autobot programs in a one-off investment? It makes no sense, and highlights you as someone who isn’t particularly competent at internet marketing (as does the autobot program, but that’s another story).

Anyway, Google lies a lot. “Don’t be evil”–yeah, OK, do as I say, not as I do. In Europe you can get search results removed. More information here from plenty of sources: https://www.google.gr/search?q=Europe+google+remove+search+results.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=C4J1VufyIoe7asLRrOAD#q=Europe+google+remove+search+results

Don’t understand irony? The last paragraph was ironic. I slated Google, then used Google to prove my point. It’s not rain on a wedding day. Don’t use the word unless you understand the concept. A bad writer won’t–and Russian encoding won’t fix that.

Ultimately, research, judicious use of your brain and not being cheap solve virtually all issues. Relying on others often leads to disaster and fake Russian encoding from people who just want your money instead of a satisfying career.

Don’t do a video. YouTube (aka VideoGoogle) has enough pointless, dreadful videos masquerading as help that are really just self-promotion. Final point: if you have a “content team”, why are you seeking obviously cheap content on Fiverr? Did you read a middleman book that exposed the secrets of profit making on Fiverr (nutshell: sell high, buy low, test sellers first for $, $ and more $) then ignore half the advice in it?

Anyway, it’s really easy to do the Russian thing. If you’re a scammer, this is the information you’re seeking: use the symbols function in Word and ctrl-R. Done. Don’t you feel happy now? Just remember, one day you’ll have to account for your actions and no bad Fiverr review will compare to that in the slightest.

Anyway, can we all stop with these posts, because they’re boring, elict boring responses and this is likely the most interesting comment ever made on the topic, mainly because it meandered. I could stand to be corrected though 🙂

Don’t understand the coding thing myself. I mean if you put in all that work to hide stuff why not write the article already. I don’t like posts requesting buyers beware of certain gigs because that often deters buyers from buying in general.

Like the plagiarism sites can detect duplicate content, they can locate where the content is being used. Prime example: a short piece written the other day was posted online despite the buyer claiming they didn’t like it.

Well, I’ve never done it myself, but if my guess is right, it would take like 10 seconds with a little word processor expertise. So you could steal content from a website, change a few words (5 minutes?) and then cover up your tracks with this one weird trick…

As for buyers saying I hate this, give me a refund and then using the content, you could contact Customer Support, but they can’t really help. If it was for a small order, I’d just let it go, but if it were a bigger order, I’d definitely be contacting friends, family and co-workers along with DMCA requests.

It’s a bit like the old “my boyfriend cheated on me because he’s a louse, but his Mom loves me, so I broke up with his Mom before I did with him thing”. Mom’s not ever going to shut up about the one that you let get away, and she’s also not going to be thrilled to hear her darling boy is being a nitwit. Of course, Mom could be the same kind of person, but whatever. I know if someone contacted my Mom about me being less than ethical, I’d get a decent ass-whooping (and I’m in my 30s lol)

(I’m not advocating this! I haven’t done it myself. It’s just one potential comeback)

The content thing didn’t occur here, thankfully, but on another site. The order was extremely small and I did contact support. I didn’t get paid but the rating was adjusted.

Getting a whooping in your 30s? Guess that’s better than ‘Don’t make me get out Pearl. She’s fully loaded and ready to use.’

• 2 weeks later...

“The chances of hiring a non-native speaker of English from a country where $5 goes a long way and who can write flawlessly and interesting are really very low (say, academics might manage it, but academic writing is not known for its natural easy-reading style)”

Really?

I wasn’t even aware until recently that it was possible to get software to write articles. A couple of weeks ago a buyer accused me of using such software and I was shocked. I mean aside from not knowing that such resources existed, I put a lot of bloody work into my writing (much more than my $4 worth) and will be damned if I’m going to be compared to a computer.

Anyway, the same goes for whatever the scam of the moment is. Whether it’s plagiarism tomfoolery or computer wizardry, you can’t beat real quality. I only hope that Fiverr has some kind of magic department were they flag and root out sellers using such tricks.

In fact, maybe in this case there should be a dedicated page or thread for buyers which identifies known scams and encourages them to report sellers who they have been scammed by? I mean that would be a good way of ensuring quality control wouldn’t it?

• 1 month later...

This is, of course, a very good suggestion.

For those who intend to buy gigs on a regular basis, having a trusted team of writers, editors, proofreaders, etc. is essential. In the long run, this will save you a lot of time and hassle because you won’t run into problems like plagiarism, spinning, code-embedding and so on.

Archived