Fiverr Community Forum

Fake seller fake buyer

A seller bought my voice over service
And and sold out that as their voice from their gig!
Will fiverr take any action if i report this seller?

10 Likes

Sure. Fiverr will take action.

3 Likes

As long as you report the seller, yes.

3 Likes

Yes, i have reported the seller

2 Likes

But that’s called outsourcing and drop-servicing.
At least the “buyer” give you business.

1 Like

Yes, report the seller with your valid document.Thank you.

1 Like

Report for what?

Why would fiverr take action?

If they paid for your services they are allowed to do whatever they want with your voiceover.

3 Likes

Yes, but can they even declare as their voice and sell that?

2 Likes

It would seem to me that if they say it is their work, without your being aware that this was sold to a reseller, that they are in breach of at least IP laws (copyright) seeing they are claiming your work, your voice as their.

Hopefully Fiverr can them. If not, block them. or block their cheating asses anyway as once a cheat, always a cheat.

:wink:

2 Likes

I think you know better than me.

---------------WHY?

2 Likes

I hope Fiverr will take action :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

According to the Terms of Service, once it’s paid for, they can do whatever they want, unless otherwise specified in your gig description.

On the other hand, misleading buyers isn’t allowed, so, unless they’ve informed the buyer that it’s not their own voice, you might have a case here.

5 Likes

It depends, if in the purchase that this person had made there was the option of commercial use, then he can resell it, even if I do not understand how since the voice over is on certain words, so basically if he has inserted the voice in a video for his gig, he’s a bit of a scam as he’s posing as another person.

1 Like

Report them for what? You’re mad someone out-sourced?

1 Like

If they declare as their voice, you still are the copyright owner.

Normally, buyers would ask to sign for copyright ownership.

2 Likes

I think you may have misunderstood that, what OP is saying is that someone bought there gig, and sold it as there own on fiverr. I believe that’s against the TOS.

2 Likes

They did not purchase commercial use

1 Like

He didn’t say anything to me
I suddenly hovered his account and found my voice which he bought in his voice over gig

2 Likes

As much as i know
We sellers can’t resell anything

1 Like

Then you will need to re read the TOS.

On every completed order, all rights are of the buyer. they can do what they like.

Unless you have stated on your GIG that you will charge extra for the rights

1 Like