Fiverr Forum

Fake seller Identity

Woohoo!! Never know I’ll start a new post with such a weird topic. Anyways, I saw many sellers with countries as mentioned as USA, UK etc but, somehow I know, they are not from there. So there is a case of fake identity for sure. I do not know what is the benefit of doing this, and what are the disadvantages. Any rule with FIverr for that? Do I have to do anything for the same?

I think they use fake proxies to display a different country. Maybe more people are prone to order from english-speaking countries. Who knows?! Personally, I only order certain gigs from American sellers, and some gigs I don’t care what country they’re from as long as they’re quick to respond, professional, friendly/approachable, and know what they’re doing.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

yeah. but the issue is that why do they ever do that? I mean fake id is a crime… It shall be taken up.

Reply to @vedmak: LOL! I use to go to Canada when I was under 21. I haven’t been back since then. :-p

Reply to @vedmak: LMAO…Oh Canada Oh Canada…

I doubt many feathers will be ruffled for saying your from somewhere else.

Reply to @madmoo: regarding those calls you mentioned, you are right. Infact I know of one such call center operating in my city as well, and my city is very small for such all content. But still all the comments above including yours is strayed comment and no one answered anywhere near to it.

@vedmak @seemydeath @musiclover ^^^

Reply to @vedmak: I’m from Detroit, so you’re like right up the street. Lol. I went to Vegas last February, and I swear every person I met where from Canada, and super friendly. I just couldn’t live there. The last time I was there, the Burger King right by the border was disgusted. Never again, my friend, never again! Lol

Reply to @fun2sh: Sorry…back to your regular scheduled programming. :slight_smile:

Reply to @musiclover: Canada and Japan few people from India to add some spice.

Reply to @madmoo: Angie, I mean miss Angela, that’s simple outsourcing and of course, the rep says their name is Mohammed, you would know for sure that they are from another country, but Troy can just be someone from the US and they know we would have no idea LOL

Reply to @madmoo: OMG, why did you bring that up. Lol I just got a house phone and its like telemarketers’ central. All we get is recorded calls! It pisses me off! We just added our phone # to the DNC list, so hopefully after the 31 days, the calls will stop. Otherwise, I will go postal everytime that phone rings. Lol

You have to call 1-888-382-1222 from the phone you want to add to the do-not-call list, then you’ll get prompted to enter your number to add it to the list.