Fiverr Community Forum

FAKES : Thieves are everywhere

I have a big problem with users reproduce my concert image. Over time, many freelancers send me messages with different sellers, which reproduce my gig in very big proportions.

I’ll attach a screenshot. I did the procedure to report these thefts using that flag. But unfortunately, someone on the fiverr team decided that what was happening was perfectly normal.

Please tell me if these things are normal when someone shamelessly reproduces the idea of ​​my concert to create confusion, is it a fair and honest approach for buyers … and for me? :slight_smile:

Is it normal for theft to be sustained and lack of originality ??

Fiverr suporrt … claims that these users do perfectly normal things. And that there is no theft. At this rate, the entire category in which I operate will be full of users using the same visual direction.
On a platform where there should be creative people … Some of them are just thieves, devoid of ideas.

Why aren’t these thieves punished? :oncoming_police_car:

[image]

4 Likes

Yikes.

That’s the problem. Even though you and I can see that they’re ripping your stylistic choices, they’re not blatantly copying your image.

There’s nothing we here on the forums can do, except let you vent and say “Don’t stop reporting them”.

2 Likes

It’s just as fascinating … on a platform where there should be creative people … Some of them are just thieves, devoid of ideas.

2 Likes

Every single category on Fiverr has unscrupulous sellers. Unfortunately, some categories have a very large number of deceitful sellers…

In cases like this, the difficulty is in determining what exactly is proprietary/unique and is it enforceable in any way. Others ripping off your color scheme, font, and use of shapes is indeed disheartening and infuriating, but does it cross the threshold into becoming theft?

People are constantly influenced by other people’s work, and constantly attempt replications, which spur more people being influenced and even more people replicating. That’s how genres and styles are eventually developed.

This definitely sucks, but I’m not sure if it’s something that can be stopped in this particular case.

In my opinion you should create a video which includes specific characteristics of you as a seller. Perhaps speeded up video during working process (of course without showing any crucial moments).

This won’t stop sellers copy your cover, but at least everybody will know that they copied it from you. Nobody is going to recreate an entire video, especially if you add some special feature.

For sure you are a bigger target than me as you are TRS, but in the past I found some sellers copy my covers, some of them didn’t know that my face and my name were on it. Since I created a video, I haven’t noticed any issues yet.

1 Like

This definitely sucks, but I’m not sure if it’s something that can be stopped in this particular case.
[/quote]

You are right. But why would anyone do that?
Just imagine all these gigs on the same page. Don’t you think I would have put in the same pot with those who plagiarized?

2 Likes

I think it’s a good idea

Man, You should be proud that they are copying you, that only mean that you are much much better then them. Your work is great so Don`t Worry be Happy Bro.

2 Likes

Wow. I’m going to guess a language barrier here, because I find that outright insulting. Proud of thieves?

Thanks, Sounds good what you say. :slight_smile:

The right word is ‘flattered’, not ‘proud’.
If you were a teacher, and a student copied because you taught them to, sure ‘proud’ works. But these are not student trying to learn, these are thieves stealing your work and ideas for profit.

4 Likes