Favourite Seasonal Sweet Treat ?

miiila

We didn’t have a forum foodie thread in ages. What’s your current favourite seasonal sweet treat?
Doesn’t matter if it’s not winter where you are, but it needs to be something that’s not available all year round but only seasonally, and it must be sweet, some kind of confectionary, candy, cake, sweet drink, …

Mine is Nürnberger Lebkuchen, Nuremberg gingerbread.
This is a bit of a cheat because it’s available year-round in Nuremberg, though 😉. Where I live, it’s something for November - December, the months leading up to Christmas (many shops sadly start to stock it as early as September but I only buy it from December on).

There are variations, but mostly, they are round and available in natural, with chocolate, or with sugar icing, with almonds or without, … I love them because of the spices used (ginger, cinnamon, cloves, pimento, coriander, cardamom, nutmeg, anise, pepper) and prefer the natural variety because the taste of the spices is more intense.

gingerbread.thumb.jpg.d2045f717b64662e5e0c2ecf6f52ed5b.jpg

What are you nibbling on currently, or would, if you could?

I like pumpkin anything too, never had pecan pie, that’s not a thing here, but I like pecan nuts. And it definitely counts, that’s the spirit of the thread!

That winter coffee looks and sounds great! I bought food grade peppermint oil once to put into coffee and water but it needs to be dosed extremely carefully 👀

I love hot chocolate, chocolate lava cake etc, but for this thread I’ll let my
Japanese side take over…if it’s cold outside and you want a sweet and hot treat,
it would be this. We call it “oshiruko”, you can add dango or mochi.
I prefer mochi.

OK, now I’m getting hungry…

sp_detail_main_COP08_AA_609.thumb.jpg.4ebd666c3bc1f2bccb482864f2795e30.jpg

Oh right, Glühwein can count as a sweet treat too!

Mhm, chimney cake is good too, we have the same thing, I think, but call it tree cake, because it kind of has “year” rings like trees from the way it’s made. I love to watch how they make it on the Christmas market.

The Japanese treat looks delicious too, that’s azuki in there, right? I love azuki anything, mochi too.

Hot chocolate with mint liqueur sounds like a good idea…

I know the thumbprint cookies, but they are called … not quite sure what, but something else definitely, here, I think maybe bull’s seye cookies :thinking:… oh well, googling serves me several different names, probably a regional thing. One of them is “Spitzbubenkekse”, scoundrel cookies, though, so there’s a link to the thumbprints. 😄

I love hot chocolate, chocolate lava cake etc, but for this thread I’ll let my

Japanese side take over…if it’s cold outside and you want a sweet and hot treat,

it would be this. We call it “oshiruko”, you can add dango or mochi.

I prefer mochi.

OK, now I’m getting hungry…

i should report about you guys … why you upload here yummy food. i wish if i can test it … but cant 😛

i should report about you guys … why you upload here yummy food. i wish if i can test it … but cant 😛

But you can take revenge and post something delicious that we maybe can’t test! What do you think is the best sweet in winter or summer where you live?

Oh YUM, so many delicious things!

This isn’t technically seasonal because you could make it any time of the year, but the only time we have it is at Christmas. Pavolva with cream and berries, kiwifruit and mango - usually passionfruit as well, SO good! When I was a kid I remember hoping Mum would make a second one (or a really big one) so there would be leftovers for boxing day. I’m not skilled enough to make my own pavlova, so I buy a store one and just decorate it.

pavlova.jpg.7c0e23cbc886f928c8b4e9357733f9ac.jpg

Oh YUM, so many delicious things!

This isn’t technically seasonal because you could make it any time of the year, but the only time we have it is at Christmas. Pavolva with cream and berries, kiwifruit and mango - usually passionfruit as well, SO good! When I was a kid I remember hoping Mum would make a second one (or a really big one) so there would be leftovers for boxing day. I’m not skilled enough to make my own pavlova, so I buy a store one and just decorate it.

😋

We didn’t have a forum foodie thread in ages. What’s your current favourite seasonal sweet treat?

Doesn’t matter if it’s not winter where you are, but it needs to be something that’s not available all year round but only seasonally, and it must be sweet, some kind of confectionary, candy, cake, sweet drink, …

Mine is Nürnberger Lebkuchen, Nuremberg gingerbread.

This is a bit of a cheat because it’s available year-round in Nuremberg, though 😉. Where I live, it’s something for November - December, the months leading up to Christmas (many shops sadly start to stock it as early as September but I only buy it from December on).

There are variations, but mostly, they are round and available in natural, with chocolate, or with sugar icing, with almonds or without, … I love them because of the spices used (ginger, cinnamon, cloves, pimento, coriander, cardamom, nutmeg, anise, pepper) and prefer the natural variety because the taste of the spices is more intense.

What are you nibbling on currently, or would, if you could?

Carrot halwa which is only available in wintersdownload.jpg.54857351a58f80120c22f31e684042cd.jpg

Archived