Favourite sofware or tool for animation

susanibraheem

Guest offlinehelpers

I´m following this thread. I want to learn how to make animation. Maybe I´m too old and my brain has become dull, but wise people say age is just a number.

Bet I’m older than you! If I can do it, so can you @fitrigwrites4u ! 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

Haha! Thanks the nice words. I´m almost 40. I´m about @writer99025 age but older. 🙂

By the way, I have checked some animation tools on the internet, but those which I checked supply the characters. What I want is to draw (create) a character. What do you recommend? 🙂

You’re a youngster!

Have a search for CrazyTalk Animator 2 - it may do what you’re looking for! 🙂

Guest render_worx

What is you favourite foftware for whiteboard and 2D animation?

2D animation?

For all interested:

Toon Boom Studio, Krita (has a 2d frame by frame timeline) - Krita is free open source 🙂 , Photoshop (Yes especially CC with a free custom made addon for easier control, Im sure one can find it on the internet), Adobe Animate (formerly known as Flash- vector animation program I used to work in back in the day), TV paint.

Oh an After Effects for 2d animation cutout/compositing.

These are the ones I know about.

Guest render_worx

But what about the simple white board? What is the most coomon one?

It really depends. Gobelins students for example use TV paint, as well as other 2d animation schools do from what I know (Vancouver animation school for example, I think).

Flash, now Adobe Animate was used for web content back in the day, as flash was popular. Still is used on Newgrounds in the animation section by artists there, even the old flash I from what I know.

Flash also is used for 2d game animations.

Krita is farily new, havent seen anyone use it in a bigger production yet.

Photoshop has been used for some student and shorts for animation festivals.

Toon boom has been used in TV series, commercial animation from what I know. Also on Newgrounds.

If you are asking about industry standard it is hard to pinpoint, some companies have in house software from what I know.

Also depends it you are asking about frame by fame animation or tweened style animation, or mixed.

Different programs have different strenghts here.

What is your motive, do you want to jump into whiteboard animation?

For whiteboard animation you would need images, and a way to mask/unmask those images, animate those masks.

So basically one draws an image, masks it, and then animates the mask. This way the image seems like it is drawn.

Flash is good for that sort of work, so is After Effects.

Guest offlinehelpers

Videoscribe, as you’ve suggested or Explaindio. 🙂

Thanks Offline, I wonder what was used here in this one for exaple, feelilike it kinda of morre than video scribe
favicon.icoFiverr.com

darecreations : I will create an animated whiteboard explainer video for $10 on...

For only $10, darecreations will create an animated whiteboard explainer video. | Welcome to my GIG ✪✪✪Do you want the BEST WHITEBOARD ANIMATIONfor yourProduct, Commercial, Sales Page, Business, Real Estate, Services andmore?I am sure you know a | On...

Guest offlinehelpers

Thanks Offline, I wonder what was used here in this one for exaple, feelilike it kinda of morre than video scribe

favicon.ico

For only $10, darecreations will create an animated whiteboard explainer video. | Welcome to my GIG ✪✪✪Do you want the BEST WHITEBOARD ANIMATIONfor yourProduct, Commercial, Sales Page, Business, Real Estate, Services andmore?I am sure you know a | On...

Judging by the hand and the pen, I’d say Videoscribe, but I could be wrong! 🙂

Guest render_worx

Judging by the hand and the pen, I’d say Videoscribe, but I could be wrong! 🙂

Judging by the hand and the pen, I’d say Videoscribe, but I could be wrong!

@susanibraheem

Oh, right, I always had dabbled in 2d animation software that is multipurpose and requires ones own 2d assets/images.

So how I imagined this, is one take a picture of his own hand, makes his own drawings and just animates masks 🙂

So I myself don’t know of any cookie cutter 2d animation software specifically only for what OP had asked, but since OP had written 2d animation I thought we are talking about 2d animation software in general 😂

My bad.

Guest render_worx

I don’t think she used her hhand to draw as it’s an affordable service

I don’t think she used her hhand to draw as it’s an affordable service

Right I might have let my imagination run wild here 😝

However once one builds his own library of 2d images, it is just like using a ready made library, just drag the images onto the virual workspace and animate masks 🙂

…And I will stop talking about animating masks now 😂

favicon.icoFiverr.com

darecreations : I will create an animated whiteboard explainer video for $10 on...

I wonder what was used here in this one for exaple, feelilike it kinda of morre than video scribe

Definitely videoscribe. Without any doubt.

But videscribe has no eraser and seems slow and not drawing a big combined pic together at once? right

Left.

Well it has some issues with large size projects/videos. It crashes sometimes. But the main problem is because there is some kind of bug in the auto save. I have turned it off and now its seems perfect. and it has an eraser

eraseer.png.cde186b497e108e3f5c105fee8f6887b.png

But how come the trial version I got doesn’t have one? And when I play the video the combas shows the combined images one by one in a funny way not just draw them with the connvas showing the whole combnined image, it drwas an image then hides it and then draw the other andonly when finished drwaing shows te combined picture

But how come the trial version I got doesn’t have one? And when I play the video the combas shows the combined images one by one in a funny way not just draw them with the connvas showing the whole combnined image, it drwas an image then hides it and then draw the other andonly when finished drwaing shows te combined picture

Well i think you need to watch the tutorials. 😉

Archived