Fee increased today

silver_seo

This still states $2.

https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions#purchasing

If Fiverr intended to include this in the ToS update, they need to get it fixed FAST, or they could face legal issues.

Small services will completely lose their point, the seller is begging for 5, buyer pays 50% + on top of that, seller gets 4.

So from seller point money wise nothing change, but it will be a tough cookie to negotiate with client on 5$, get him to buy, only for him to discover he is actually paying 7,25$.

We should all raise our basic prices to 1000$, have no sales for a month and see the reaction of Fiverr.

You can change the fee as much as you want, but not like this, I am a buyer, no one informed me. And it should have come 30 days in advance so I can buy before the change.

Small services will completely lose their point, the seller is begging for 5, buyer pays 50% + on top of that, seller gets 4.

So from seller point money wise nothing change, but it will be a tough cookie to negotiate with client on 5$, get him to buy, only for him to discover he is actually paying 7,25$.

We should all raise our basic prices to 1000$, have no sales for a month and see the reaction of Fiverr.

You can change the fee as much as you want, but not like this, I am a buyer, no one informed me. And it should have come 30 days in advance so I can buy before the change.

I agree with you. $5 services are not longer $5, and Fiverr now ceases to be a fiver-based website.

I agree with you. $5 services are not longer $5, and Fiverr now ceases to be a fiver-based website.

5$ was not five the moment they added fee, and then was debacle of not refunding the fee after cancelled orders.

I am not against fee but I am against talking with client for x time agreeing on the price that he sees on my gig only for him to see the fee at the end and change his mind.

Changing or adding fee should not be something that you do under cover hoping no one will notice.

This still states $2.

https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions#purchasing

If Fiverr intended to include this in the ToS update, they need to get it fixed FAST, or they could face legal issues.

They’ve updated it now. It’s 5% of the purchase amount plus an additional small order fee of $2 for all purchases under $50.

why they add extra 0.25 $ ?

Because they’re now charging both the 5% and the $2 fee when the order price is <$50 (whereas they used to charge one or the other).

So for an order subtotal of $5, 5% of 5=0.25, plus the $2 as it’s < $50 so $7.25 total.

edit: they’ve also changed the “$40” bit to “purchases under $50…” (a few months ago it used to be “up to $40”.)

https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions

‘’ Service fees are added at the time of purchase where you can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of November 2020, the service fees are 5% of the purchase amount. For purchases under $50 an additional $2 small order fee will be applied. ‘’

It should be ok now

screen.png.f1692086bc86d845e8cccf49cfcad0cb.png
screen928×187 10.7 KB

https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions

‘’ Service fees are added at the time of purchase where you can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of November 2020, the service fees are 5% of the purchase amount. For purchases under $50 an additional $2 small order fee will be applied. ‘’

It should be ok now

Text is OK but the way of handling business is all wrong.

Who changes fee without notifications?

This impacts all people using platform.

We should at least receive message: Starting November 2020 fee will be increased bla bla bla We are making the advancements bla bla bla as a result of this you will have even greater experience using our site bla bla bla…

Not: *** same random guy on internet: Fiverr changed its fee! How do you know? I just paid and it is more then yesterday!***

Text is OK but the way of handling business is all wrong.

This impacts all people using platform.

We should at least receive message: Starting November 2020 fee will be increased bla bla bla We are making the advancements bla bla bla as a result of this you will have even greater experience using our site bla bla bla…

Not: *** same random guy on internet: Fiverr changed its fee! How do you know? I just paid and it is more then yesterday!***

Fiverr does. This isn’t the first time they did it.

Wait… I didn’t know buyers had an additional fee to pay! Sorry for my ignorance, I’ve never bought here on Fiverr.

So every time they purchase a service, Fiverr gets the fee + the 20% from the what we get??? Woah.

Yes. for bigger orders it is nothing but for 5$ orders it is crazy. You get 4 buyer pays 7,25$

• 1 month later...

It’s a normal and reasonable service fee. I don’t see anything wrong, I’m sorry. can you imagine all the expenses Fiverr has to manage the platform, the servers and so on? The fee is more than reasonable.

Let’s be fair.

20% of every single order is a LOAD of money. From me alone, they made $7200 this year. From my partner, they’ve made that much as well. And we’re only two of their freelancers.

If they implemented some features, I’d agree that they need more money. A great one would be not dinging someone for a mutual cancellation. I used to have a job that was reasonably priced but it got abused, causing me to nearly lose my level two status because they asked for something I didn’t do (think asking me to translate French when I advertise Spanish only).

Yes, they have costs. But double dipping is rough. And the buyers who are using this for bulk are in a tough spot. If they don’t need 10 jobs a month, then they’re going to get dinged in a pretty major way.

So I see why people are unhappy. Additional fees need strong explanation and they need buy in. Stealth adding them doesn’t help. And who has to deal with the response? The sellers. Because honestly, they’re the face of Fiverr (otherwise, why would a new seller have a message on my screen stating to do them right to make sure they have a great experience?)

Let’s be fair.

20% of every single order is a LOAD of money. From me alone, they made $7200 this year. From my partner, they’ve made that much as well. And we’re only two of their freelancers.

If they implemented some features, I’d agree that they need more money. A great one would be not dinging someone for a mutual cancellation. I used to have a job that was reasonably priced but it got abused, causing me to nearly lose my level two status because they asked for something I didn’t do (think asking me to translate French when I advertise Spanish only).

Yes, they have costs. But double dipping is rough. And the buyers who are using this for bulk are in a tough spot. If they don’t need 10 jobs a month, then they’re going to get dinged in a pretty major way.

So I see why people are unhappy. Additional fees need strong explanation and they need buy in. Stealth adding them doesn’t help. And who has to deal with the response? The sellers. Because honestly, they’re the face of Fiverr (otherwise, why would a new seller have a message on my screen stating to do them right to make sure they have a great experience?)

Yes and no. If you’re attracting truly professional buyers they don’t care about $2. They care about value. If they see value they aren’t going to opt out of it to save $2. They’re focused on a return on investment, not scraping pennies.

The buyers you’re referring to are unprofessional, cheap people who we shouldn’t want to work with anyway.

If $2 is enough to lower your sales, there are fundamental issues with who you are targeting and the goals you are supporting as well as insufficient demand for your offering. Fix that and then $2 won’t hurt you.

Also, professionals understand the costs of doing business. I see it as a blessing. This could weed out the cheap incompetent buyers who I don’t want to work with anyway.

Yes and no. If you’re attracting truly professional buyers they don’t care about $2. They care about value. If they see value they aren’t going to opt out of it to save $2. They’re focused on a return on investment, not scraping pennies.

The buyers you’re referring to are unprofessional, cheap people who we shouldn’t want to work with anyway.

If $2 is enough to lower your sales, there are fundamental issues with who you are targeting and the goals you are supporting as well as insufficient demand for your offering. Fix that and then $2 won’t hurt you.

Also, professionals understand the costs of doing business. I see it as a blessing. This could weed out the cheap incompetent buyers who I don’t want to work with anyway.

If you’re attracting truly professional buyers they don’t care about $2.

It’s not always true. If we’re talking about one order, then yes, you’re 100% right. However, there are buyers who but lots of small stuff, and for them, the fees quickly add up and become a considerable expense.

Sheesh, dang, seriously?
And I suppose this fee applies to the tip as well.

Don’t get me wrong, I KNOW Fiverr has grown as a company over the years
and they have staffs they need to feed. Still.
This is gonna sound absolutely stupid but I’m just gonna go ahead and say it.
I wish Fiverr shrinks its size down a bit so it can go back to what it was 5 years ago.
No fee, just the 20%. :rofl:

Archived