Feedback Counts - Good or Bad

graphixgoddess

You say the words “Thumbs Down” and it will send a shiver down the spine of any self-respecting Fiverr seller.

Feedback counts, for better or worse, and sellers appreciate good feedback for a job done. Every feedback received counts towards the gig total and affects the overall score on the sellers profile. If you were happy with your order, please DO leave good feedback stating this so other buyers will know about your experience and the seller will know they did a good job.

I’ve had over 3,000 COMPLETED transactions on fiverr but my feedback doesn’t reflect that because many buyers do not leave feedback. This can actually hurt a sellers reputation by making them appear less experienced than they are.

In short – their track record doesn’t display an accurate representation of what they’ve done.

GOOD EXPERIENCE?

Tell the world by leaving a THUMBS-UP review on the order page.

BAD EXPERIENCE?

Please do the following, FIRST, before leaving a THUMBS-DOWN.

Contact the seller via a direct message either to their fiverr inbox, or on the order page (if it’s still open) telling them EXACTLY why you are unhappy and (MOST IMPORTANTLY) what they can do to MAKE YOU HAPPY.

If you don’t tell us what we did wrong, chances are we won’t know. We try hard to make buyers happy but we aren’t mind-readers. Your constructive feedback and/or criticism is vital to getting your order correct.

OR, if the seller is at fault – they are unresponsive, rude, unreliable, not listening, etc. then you should execute your RIGHT to leave a negative mark telling other buyers CONSTRUCTIVELY why the seller failed to deliver as promised.

Please do this only AFTER contacting the seller to tell them you are unhappy and requesting a resolution.

NOTE: Remarks such as “This seller’s a jerk!” and “Bad seller! Never ordering from them again!” do not tell other buyers much (if anything) about what happened or why the seller disappointed you.

IMPORTANT:

Be truthful in your feedback. Resist the urge to leave hateful and rude comments. It’s unprofessional. Period.

HAPPY GIGGING!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent post, thank you for saying what many Sellers would like to convey to our Buyers. I have only received a couple of pieces of negative feedback in the hundreds of feedbacks I have received. In both cases, it was a simple misunderstanding that I was quickly able to remedy and go on to delight the Buyer. Unfortunately, the Buyer cannot “take back” their feedback.

I agree - if you have a less than stellar experience, please allow time for the Seller to respond and correct the issue. Good sellers will quickly respond and correct anything that is amiss.

Guest tn5rr2012

I can get paranoid about that thumbs up and down maneuver, I always stay in communication with my buyer as a measure of CMA. Excellent post and tip

Hey,

I haven’t got any Negative Feedback for my Super Gigs, But I’ve had to cancel some orders due to breakdown of my computer, So my ratings jumped to 93% directly, But I have all the Feedbacks Positive.

And some people don’t leave any feedbacks for sellers, I suggest Fiverr Developers to add Thumbs Up feedback for all those automatically completing orders. Because If the buyer has something wrong in the delivered Order, He would definitely post a Negative Feedback, So If he doesn’t leave any feedback, that means delivery is fine.

Please consider this.

Thank You!

Shyam - SEO Guy,

http://www.fiverr.com/scorpiondark

Reply to @yankee77:

I know what you mean about people not leaving feedback; around 70% of the buyers of my gigs leave feedback which isn’t bad, but it’d be nice if more people bothered.

When I complete gigs I normally include “Please remember to complete and rate transactions.” at the end, which seems to have improved the amount of people leaving feedback a little.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tn5rr2012
graphixgoddess said: I think the worst part is that buyers approve it and tell you it's great, etc etc, but then they don't leave good feedback.

With my family tree gig the buyer has the choice to order Extras which can include all records, photos, documents etc.... these types of gigs take much longer and I am so happy when I provide such a gig to a client. They say thank you and leave no feedback

Guest tn5rr2012
graphixgoddess said: I think the worst part is that buyers approve it and tell you it's great, etc etc, but then they don't leave good feedback.

With my family tree gig the buyer has the choice to order Extras which can include all records, photos, documents etc.... these types of gigs take much longer and I am so happy when I provide such a gig to a client. They say thank you and leave no feedback

Guest tn5rr2012

Guest tn5rr2012

Guest tn5rr2012

Archived