Feedback I Sent to Fiverr Earlier Regarding Current Concerns with the Platform

paulmaplesden

Hi folks, earlier today I sent the following email to my contacts in Fiverr to request they pass our concerns on to the product development team.

Following our email exchange yesterday regarding changes to Fiverr, I just wanted to pass on some forum feedback on three issues which are currently causing concern. The first of these you will definitely be familiar with, the other two I will provide some context.

The first issue is order cancellation and impact on analytics and levels, when the order cancellation was not the seller’s fault. Examples might include ordering the wrong gig, not providing enough detail, etc. I know this has been talked about a lot, but I would say it is probably the single biggest order-related issue that sellers have with the platform right now. I know it’s a difficult problem to solve, but if there were a good solution I think that would create a lot of goodwill from sellers.

The second issue is sellers needing to close orders manually once they are completed, rather than them closing automatically after three days. I think this is currently in beta / test, but having to go in and close orders ourselves feels like unnecessary administrative overhead. There also seem to be some more general concerns about how orders are now delivered / closed, and notifications to buyers. Might be worth looking at any changes being made to that process.

The third issue is about reviewing requirements and letting the buyer know we have everything we need. I think this is a great idea in principle (it is something many of us did before it being mandated), but the implementation could be smoother. Firstly, the system sends a notification about receiving the order, and just ten minutes later tells us to go back to the buyer - notifications that fast, especially for sellers with lots of orders, could quickly clog up notifications. Secondly, the system only allows you to send one of two pre-written responses, rather than our own quick responses. Giving the ability to use quick responses there would be great. (Note, this may have changed as I haven’t delivered an order in a little while, and one forum user said they could now use quick responses there.)

Just wanted to let you all know.

You should have closed it with “Fix it or I’ll walk” 😃

You should have closed it with “Fix it or I’ll walk”

I haven’t had to independently seek out work since joining Fiverr - there is a lot I will put up with to avoid having to apply for jobs again!

That second point you addressed is new to me and I’m saying a prayer that they don’t roll that out. That’s the LAST thing I need is manual order closing. Also feels like it could lead to abuse from some sellers. The three day automatic complete is great, I don’t get why that’s being tampered with?

Here is the response from Fiverr - I think you are going to like the first one!

The first issue is order cancellation and impact on analytics and levels, when the order cancellation was not the seller’s fault.
One of our product managers shared right before the level system was active that certain cancellations will not be counted in the level evaluations. I am guessing that the ones who are still very concerned did not see this announcement, so I am pasting it here. 🙂

"We have been listening to all of your feedback about Order Completion and appreciate your time and effort sharing it. We understand that there are some cancellations which cannot be avoided. currently, your analytics will continue to reflect all cancellations and in the near future, this will be updated. Orders which are placed by mistake and fraud orders will not be considered in the automatic demotion/promotion.

Additionally, if a competitive seller is attempting to negatively impact your cancellation rate, report that to Customer Support immediately. We will take the appropriate action and make sure that your account is protected from penalties."

The second issue is sellers needing to close orders manually once they are completed, rather than them closing automatically after three days.
This is indeed in a testing phase right now. The idea is that sometimes when an order is completed automatically, both buyers and sellers encounter issues and we actually heard from a very large amount of our community (buyers and sellers) that having the option to manually control this would be valuable. But, this additional feedback is good and will absolutely be considered.

The third issue is about reviewing requirements and letting the buyer know we have everything we need.
This was updated yesterday, actually. You can now use Quick Responses and more enhancements are likely to be coming in the future. 🙂

The first issue is order cancellation and impact on analytics and levels, when the order cancellation was not the seller’s fault.

One of our product managers shared right before the level system was active that certain cancellations will not be counted in the level evaluations. I am guessing that the ones who are still very concerned did not see this announcement, so I am pasting it here. 🙂

"We have been listening to all of your feedback about Order Completion and appreciate your time and effort sharing it. We understand that there are some cancellations which cannot be avoided. currently, your analytics will continue to reflect all cancellations and in the near future, this will be updated. Orders which are placed by mistake and fraud orders will not be considered in the automatic demotion/promotion.

Additionally, if a competitive seller is attempting to negatively impact your cancellation rate, report that to Customer Support immediately. We will take the appropriate action and make sure that your account is protected from penalties."

The second issue is sellers needing to close orders manually once they are completed, rather than them closing automatically after three days.

This is indeed in a testing phase right now. The idea is that sometimes when an order is completed automatically, both buyers and sellers encounter issues and we actually heard from a very large amount of our community (buyers and sellers) that having the option to manually control this would be valuable. But, this additional feedback is good and will absolutely be considered.

The third issue is about reviewing requirements and letting the buyer know we have everything we need.

This was updated yesterday, actually. You can now use Quick Responses and more enhancements are likely to be coming in the future. 🙂

Coolio! Can I buy you a 🍺? I don’t know what your fave 🇬🇧 brew is tho.

Still beta for me. But, I rely heavily on QR so this is a big plus. :ok_hand:t4:

Coolio! Can I buy you a 🍺? I don’t know what your fave 🇬🇧 brew is tho.

Still beta for me. But, I rely heavily on QR so this is a big plus. :ok_hand:t4:

I don’t know what your fave 🇬🇧 brew is tho.

This may be controversial, but I much prefer American craft beer to British beer and ale. The thing is, US beer is cold and carbonated, British beer is cellar temperature and flat… Plus, even though the Brits invented it, IPA wasn’t really a thing in the UK, when I left ~5 years ago. I think it’s gaining in popularity now.

In terms of my favorite brews - I like IPAs, pale ales, and porters. I’m lucky in that I live in Asheville, NC, which is known as “Beer CIty USA” - we have the most breweries per capita in the US… And if you think that played a part in deciding where we would emigrate to, well, you’re absolutely right!

This may be controversial, but I much prefer American craft beer to British beer and ale. The thing is, US beer is cold and carbonated, British beer is cellar temperature and flat… Plus, even though the Brits invented it, IPA wasn’t really a thing in the UK, when I left ~5 years ago. I think it’s gaining in popularity now.

In terms of my favorite brews - I like IPAs, pale ales, and porters. I’m lucky in that I live in Asheville, NC, which is known as “Beer CIty USA” - we have the most breweries per capita in the US… And if you think that played a part in deciding where we would emigrate to, well, you’re absolutely right!

This may be controversial, but I much prefer American craft beer to British beer and ale.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter to me, 'cause when it comes to alcohol & brews, I’m clueless. One reason is I don’t drink alcohol, never have; never will. I do remember @vickiespencer mentioning her parts had the best brew. 😄

Well, on that note bottoms up! 🍻 for moi, shirley temple is fine, too.

I’m lucky in that I live in Asheville, NC,

Asheville, NC. I’ve never been there before. Although, I’ve heard of the Biltmore Estate. I’m sure you’ve found a good 🐟

Anyway, don’t want to go further OT so cheers! 😎

Asheville, NC, which is known as “Beer CIty USA” - we have the most breweries per capita in the US

This may be old data, Paul. I just wrote a business promotion letter for a hotel that boasted that it was located in the US city that had the most breweries per capita in the US. So, when I saw your post, I looked it up. Here is the most recent info I could. Montana is right up there. But then I think Montana is in the top 10 for alcohol consumption per capita. :roll_eyes:

I do remember @vickiespencer mentioning her parts had the best brew.

I am not a beer lover, but my sons try to educate me in the finer things to appreciate about beer.

thrillist_favicon.icoThrillist – 14 Sep 17
tmg-facebook_social.jpg.7ac08ac98b9d897f25beba7054eb9add.jpg

Here Are the States With the Most Craft Breweries

Bragging rights achieved.

Asheville, NC, which is known as “Beer CIty USA” - we have the most breweries per capita in the US

This may be old data, Paul. I just wrote a business promotion letter for a hotel that boasted that it was located in the US city that had the most breweries per capita in the US. So, when I saw your post, I looked it up. Here is the most recent info I could. Montana is right up there. But then I think Montana is in the top 10 for alcohol consumption per capita. :roll_eyes:

I am not a beer lover, but my sons try to educate me in the finer things to appreciate about beer.

5d09584299cc9332c3104e82eed732c2986e8e0b.jpg

I just checked, and we no longer hold the crown for most breweries per capita - this is a sad day - AVL is now third… 😦

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2016/11/01/which-u-s-cities-have-the-most-microbreweries-per-capita-infographic/#67aaadc4e19b

5d09584299cc9332c3104e82eed732c2986e8e0b.jpg

Woh-woh so does that means you’re relocating? 😛

Portland, ME is #1 interesting.

am not a beer lover, but my sons try to educate me in the finer things to appreciate about beer.

Didn’t you say they owned a distillery or make their own brew, sorry my 🧠

The idea is that sometimes when an order is completed automatically, both buyers and sellers encounter issues and we actually heard from a very large amount of our community (buyers and sellers) that having the option to manually control this would be valuable.

I’d love to know what those issues really are.

Buyers want to be able to cancel after leaving seller to work after being unavailable for feedback for days on end?

I’m trying to think of plausible issues that couldn’t be resolved with a simple conversation between buyer and seller.

All the scenarios that arise in my mind involve one party or the other behaving unreasonably. That can’t be fixed with a change to the frontend.

I’ll be happily corrected on the matter if someone wants to expand my mind 😃

I just checked, and we no longer hold the crown for most breweries per capita - this is a sad day - AVL is now third… 😦

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2016/11/01/which-u-s-cities-have-the-most-microbreweries-per-capita-infographic/#67aaadc4e19b

Bend, Oregon was the place reffered to in the letter I wrote and they boasted being number one too. But AVL is one spot ahead of them. 😉

Leave it to you Paul to get a “real” reference like Forbes! 😄

Didn’t you say they owned a distillery or make their own brew,

One is the lead distiller at a local distillery. He is also a homebrewer with a degree in beer brewing. They distill beer now and it is rather tasty.

@daviddoer Thank you for bringing us back to the topic. 😀

Bend, Oregon was the place reffered to in the letter I wrote and they boasted being number one too. But AVL is one spot ahead of them. 😉

Leave it to you Paul to get a “real” reference like Forbes! 😄

Didn’t you say they owned a distillery or make their own brew,

One is the lead distiller at a local distillery. He is also a homebrewer with a degree in beer brewing. They distill beer now and it is rather tasty.

@daviddoer Thank you for bringing us back to the topic. 😀

Although I don’t drink anymore, the beer conversation is much less frustrating than thinking about OT.

Actually, I love beer. Maybe a little too much 😃

The idea is that sometimes when an order is completed automatically, both buyers and sellers encounter issues and we actually heard from a very large amount of our community (buyers and sellers) that having the option to manually control this would be valuable.

Ok, who’s responsible for this? How on earth was this feedback taken? I really wanna know.

Ok, who’s responsible for this? How on earth was this feedback taken? I really wanna know.

I have nothing more for you 😦

No one is responsible. It sounds like a lie. Like when you forget to do something hugely important and someone says: “Did you do it?” And you say, "Yes! - And I saw Peter and Carol on my way to the bank and then you’ll never guess what? A Blooming blackbird went and ate my hat in the butchers!"

Too much improv. - It’s always the easiest way to tell.

No one is responsible. It sounds like a lie. Like when you forget to do something hugely important and someone says: “Did you do it?” And you say, "Yes! - And I saw Peter and Carol on my way to the bank and then you’ll never guess what? A Blooming blackbird went and ate my hat in the butchers!"

Too much improv. - It’s always the easiest way to tell.

No one is responsible. It sounds like a lie. Like when you forget to do something hugely important and someone says: “Did you do it?” And you say, "Yes! - And I saw Peter and Carol on my way to the bank and then you’ll never guess what? a Blooming blackbird went and ate my hat in the butchers!"

image.jpg.46c5a693280e2adf093086b835908b11.jpg

You all may thank me later. Right now, I have some milk to drink.

I offer my catective services online as well.

No one is responsible. It sounds like a lie. Like when you forget to do something hugely important and someone says: “Did you do it?” And you say, "Yes! - And I saw Peter and Carol on my way to the bank and then you’ll never guess what? a Blooming blackbird went and ate my hat in the butchers!"

You all may thank me later. Right now, I have some milk to drink.

I offer my catective services online as well.

I was always more into Sabrina than Salem… Whatever floats your boat, though.

Guilty as charged. Yes, I’m way older than you. It was what we used to call a television show in the 1990’s.

Yes, I’m way older than you

I’d hate to ask a lady as lovely as you this insensitive question, but how old are you?

It was what we used to call a television show in the 1990’s.

I remember those days like it was yesterday. Me and my brother would wait till our mother went to sleep then we’d sneak out turn the TV on lower the sound and literally stick to the screen to hear what they were saying. I was like 4 - 6 back then. Damn, I feel old.

I have actually heard a bit about this and seen some comments about it. It seems like in certain categories, like logos, graphics etc, it is quite normal to deliver drafts as a delivery with the expectation that the buyer then requests revisions. This seems to be an accepted practice to stop people receiving then canceling.

In those cases, when an order autocompletes, I could imagine buyers being really annoyed as it seems their options are gone - as a result they may just leave a scathing review even though the seller was expecting to get revisions requests.

I still think its a bad idea, if particular categories have an issue then the category should be adjusted, not the whole site. If any other categories delivered deliberately unfinished work they would likely get a warning. I understand why people need to protect their work but surely there must be other ways.

Yes, I’m way older than you

I’d hate to ask a lady as lovely as you this insensitive question, but how old are you?

It was what we used to call a television show in the 1990’s.

I remember those days like it was yesterday. Me and my brother would wait till our mother went to sleep then we’d sneak out turn the TV on lower the sound and literally stick to the screen to hear what they were saying. I was like 4 - 6 back then. Damn, I feel old.

I’m actually quite fortunate in that I stay 33. - Providing that pesky sunlight stays at bay and the locals stay drunk enough not to realize how thin their numbers are becoming.

Archived