Feedback Modification has been removed

That was the point I was making, that for some strange reason, fiverr wants sellers to have more bad reviews, along with all the other things that have been done to affect reviews lately that hurt sellers.

I have an idea… You don’t think buyers have threatened Fiverr with lawsuits over this stuff? Like a seller “soliciting” a review and the buyer finding out their review was changed without their permission? Or maybe certain websites are talking about the Fiverr Review system negatively?

I honestly have no idea why Fiverr displays rounded ratings publicly. Perhaps they feel that adds consistency and “balances things out” in terms of what a buyer sees from gig to gig? Maybe data that was too precise was confusing to buyers? … [shrug]

This thread is poppin right now lol, might as well grab some snacks and call it a party.

The fact is this, buyers don’t need reviews, nor need them to be shown. Why? In the past, having buyer reviews made public would make sense but now, this is moot. How so?

Scenario//
Buyer with a 1.5 star rating makes a purchase. The seller recognizes this and wishes not to do business with this buyer, so what does the seller do? The seller can cancel and take a hit to their cancellation statistics and so with too many of these they’ll eventually lose their levels or the seller can accept, have a hard time with the buyer and get a 1 star rating, taking a hit to their star rating. Now because the seller can’t respond to the bad review, the seller may have done a good job but now has a bad rating with no counter from the seller’s side. So yeah, buyer reviews make no sense now.

To add, with feedback removal being removed with so many bugs crawling around: bugs in the app, bugs in browsers. I got a 1 star rating three weeks ago, the reason? The buyer said I never responded to their revision request and that I had marked the order complete (mind you 5 days after delivery, even after I mentioned if there were any adjustments needed as the order will soon be closed). I told them, I never received any revisions. When the buyer checked, he was perturbed to see his messages never reached me. Needless to say, I worked with him, and we got that entire thing sorted. All of that is because of a browser issue, Safari (and this happened to many of my buyers) does not do well with Fiverr’s chat system. So yeah, this new take on blind feedback and modification on feedback is going to hurt up this marketplace, I mean hurt up!

Exactly. I’ve had buyers tell me they left a 1-star for another seller, got a 1-star review back, but left 5-stars for me. Maybe they genuinely DID have a bad experience with another seller. Unless I see a buyer who’s had like 3 straight negative reviews, I’d be cautious. But that is so rare, come on.

Sellers will be able to block/ignor buyers they don’t wish to work with. Did you not see the recent announcement? :wink:

Yeah but if they buy your gig already you either take a cancellation hit or a possible negative review. What would you do?

This is after the fact, you still have an initial order. Remember this is after you come in contact with the buyer, read again, you still don’t accept or decline orders, so an order can still come through before you block. :wink:

There are no magic solutions that fix every situation.

We aren’t saying that’s the case, but at the same time, you don’t downgrade, this will do much more harm than good especially, especially because of the bugs that exist.

I cannot answer this specifically, because every order, and every buyer is different. I, personally, take orders as they come, rather than worry about what might happen. I also work with buyers to provide solutions rather than just clicking the cancel button automatically, or demanding something that might result in an unhappy buyer.

Perhaps they will add the feature back once they start to get twice as many tickets, all asking them to correct a review buyer placed mistakenly :joy: Though they do have the copy paste prepared for those tickets, so shouldn’t take more than 10 seconds to handle them!

Crossing my fingers lmao

It’s a disservice to potential buyers to not give explanations when there is a bad review left for a seller. It is removal of needed information, just as it is a removal of information to not show the lifetime number of reviews a gig has without making people hover their mouse over each gig.

Why block people from having positive, needed information about a gig and a seller?
It seems like it is meant to discourage sales.

I have no interest in leaving a “blind review” for any buyer. The only time I’ve ever left a review for a buyer was to explain the bad reviews.

I’m nervous to leave feedback now because I don’t want to leave a “Happy to help! Many blessings to you!” If my buyer writes “Damn this chick has some bad readings!” Lol

Just leave a response to a bad review under the next review :slight_smile:

I think Fiverr’s trying to think outside the box and be “revolutionary” compared to other sites but I don’t know, this feedback stuff is odd. But I’m fine with the new blocking buyers, etc. that they added recently.

Has anyone gotten that blocking feature yet?

Then the buyer who left 5-stars is going to think “what the heck is this” and think I’m crazy lol