Feedback on my Gig

Hey, everyone, I have created a new gig and wanted some feedback on how it is setup.

Link to the gig: https://www.fiverr.com/thatguyminib/program-gameplay-features-and-gameplay-mechanics

Thanks in advance!

Any feedback would be lovely. Mainly on the description. Does it get the point across?

Thanks everyone!

This is what I get from your description: You’re a beginner and you’re not sure if you’re going to be able to do what I want or not, so as a buyer I could engage with you if I want something simple and see if I can get a cheap deal, but as a buyer if I want something more complex then I’d be better off going to an experienced developer.

If this is the point you wanted to get across, then success!

Sorry for being sarcastic, but your description and profile don’t read like a professional and Fiverr is a professional marketplace. You’re telling me why I shouldn’t order from you, not why I should. You’ve also got an unapproved website link so Fiverr could suspend your gig.

Wonderful feedback thank you! I will work on it now!

I took out the part about considering myself a beginner and also put on there my experience of releasing two games :). Hope it sounds a bit more professional.

It reads better. I would take out this bit. “(If you feel the price is unreasonable we can negotiate)”

Good luck!

Thank you for the feedback! :smiley:

Dear That Guy:

How do you prefer to be addressed? Your customers want to know what to call you. Any relation to That Girl?

Here is a checklist to help you improve your gigs.

Here’s a link to your profile.

• Your log line:

This is a brief slogan that appears below your user name. You don’t have one. You should get one.

*Your profile image:

Your hand over your mouth looks mysterious. Weirdly mysterious. Like in Season 3 of The Mike Tyson Mysteries, the Mike Tyson Mystery Team will try to solve the mystery of why your hand is covering your face like that. I’d quote some of the inappropriate things Pigeon might say, but then this post might get flagged for inappropriate content, when I didn’t say those things, it was Pigeon!

I suggest a photo of you smiling without your hand covering your face. Go for professional, not mysterious.

• Your profile text:

I am a student going for a degree in Game Art & Design. I know quite a bit of what goes into making a game. My main focus is Level Design and Scripting. Right now, while I am finishing up school, I am looking for some more experience in creating games.

Your goal here should be to make the Buyer feel they know, like, and trust you. I suggest re-working this text from that approach.

• Gig Title:

I will program gameplay features and gameplay mechanics

This gig title is preaching to the choir. People who understand what you’re talking about probably already know how to program their own features and have lots of their own mechanics. I don’t know. Your mileage may vary.

• Gig Description:

I have been programming with C# inside of Unity for over 2 years now, and specialize in creating gameplay features and gameplay mechanics. I have released and published 2 games, so I know the ins and outs of creating a game start to finish.

Please contact me before you order letting me know what you want.

How this will work: you message me with what you want. I will set an estimated time frame for completion and set a price. I will do it and send a video or gif to update you on my progress and to see if it is what you are looking for. We can even use Unity 5.5 collab feature, which makes it easier to share progress, especially if you want me to work on your project and not just send over my script.

My rate will start as low as $10!

I look forward to working and helping you all creating the best gameplay experience for your players!

Another mystery for the Mike Tyson Mystery Team is whether there has been an explosion at the comma factory. I don’t know if “Unity 5.5 collab feature” is the actual name, but to me it sounds like you’re using slang here.

Your stated delivery time for the gig is 2 days, yet you want to negotiate the delivery time with the Buyer. I believe this will cause problems with the Fiverr System.

Quite frankly, the problem with this gig is that it is intended for Buyers who know what they want and how to communicate it. It’s not a good fit for new Buyers with whom you don’t already have a working relationship. It would probably be better as a Custom Gig Offer. I think this gig as designed will cause a lot of headaches for you and for Buyers expecting some game mechanics to come over to their house and fix their games. And all this Unity Stuff! It’s my PlayStation 3 giving me problems. Can your game mechanics come over to my house to fix my Nintendo?

In my humble opinion, it’s too complicated and needs to be re-tooled. I don’t know anything about games or mechanics, so I may not be the best person to offer feedback. I’m reminded of the Warren Buffett advice, paraphrased, “Don’t buy stock in a company you don’t understand.”

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS / COMPLEMENTARY GIGS

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales. You should include lots of examples.

You’ve released 2 games but don’t have video of the very exciting game play of either of these games?! Talk about a missed opportunity! Here’s another mystery for the Mike Tyson Mystery Team! (In case you haven’t guessed, I really hope they come out with a season 3 of The Mike Tyson Mysteries. IF THEY DON’T, that would be another mystery for The Mike Tyson Mystery Team to solve!)

Gig Images: You should have 3. On Fiverr, generic images should be avoided! Why they are so common is another mystery…

Gig Extras:

You know, it’s a real mystery to me why you don’t have any!

Gig Packages:

Ditto!

Remember at the top of this post how I asked you how you prefer to be addressed? It’s a real mystery to me why so many people on Fiverr don’t understand the concept of names. Help! Mike Tyson!

Good luck,
Blaise

Thanks a lot! I will address these problems and make changes as soon as I get the chance!

Made some changes to the gig :slight_smile:

Dear That Guy:

As a programmer, you should be comfortable with A/B testing, so see how the new profile image works for you, then adjust as necessary and run another A/B test.

I suggest you make another pass for punctuation and grammar, looking for spacings issues, particularly parentheses with no leading spaces.

Example: test(whatever)

Happy New Year,
Blaise