Fiverr Community Forum

Feedback review for "not delivered/cancelled" orders

Our company generally has had a good experience with Fiverr and we’re very appreciative for this platform. As I worked as a freelancer for a long time I always try to be nice to the sellers here, over-pay/give less amount and pay full price, etc. as much as we can… especially I know for hard working freelancers the price can be too low here and as a freelancer also I empathize with the sellers.

Then we recently had 2 “mutually agreed” cancellations after the sellers didn’t deliver, we requested and they accepted. We noticed after the cancellation we don’t see the “review” button on the dashboard… Reviews on both sellers and buyers sides are a critical part of
such open platform as Fiverr and we believe we have to be entitle to the opportunity to leave a review for other customers.

Not to bad mouth or anything at all, I absolutely understand sometimes people fail to deliver or have to cancel for whatever reason, but really providing the actual information will be necessary to prevent potential wrongdoings. And this goes the same with the buyers too–I really believe sellers should be able to rate unfair sellers even after cancellation.

There are sellers who constantly don’t deliver (probably very few, but still.), and if there’s no review about them, potentially more consumers will be taken advantage of. Even after full refund, dealing with that kind of incidents result in a lot of waste of time and resources for the buyers.

We recently had another seller who didn’t deliver on time (after we waited for 10 days), so we asked partial cancellation–which we never had. Whenever people are late, they apologize and ask to give them more time in advance, then we ALWAYS let it slide and came up with backup plans on our end. Didn’t say a thing to the seller trying to understand. This seller noticed a in the last minute “I’ll deliver in 15 hours!” with no explanation or apology, then disappeared, which disturbs our workflow. It’s not fair to pay full price for that.

So we asked for partial refund (2 photos instead of 4 we ordered), then the seller decided not to deliver at all and offered full refund with rude comments–saying the deadline is “today” and I was wrong (well it was 10 AM PST that day, not ‘whatever time’ on that day as she claims. That can be up to 48 hours different in different time zone, by no means the meaning of “deadline”). We didn’t “accept” the refund offer because we’re afraid we won’t have the opportunity to rate the experience. We also suspect the seller didn’t close the order by delivering at least partially, and offered cancellation to avoid bad review, which is violation of the cancellation policy of Fiverr.

We must be given the opportunity to review the seller. Not necessarily to punish the seller, it is much rather to prevent more good-intentioned consumers from hurting. They shouldn’t make misinformed decisions based on the faulty review system (of course the reviews are great as you can make only good ones show) and waste time and other resources dealing with such unfair behaviors of some sellers. Not allowing reviews for cancelled orders provides ground for abusing the opportunity, at the cost of the buyers–like this seller refusing to complete the order knowing she will get away with it, without any review on this.

Please let us review the “cancelled” orders–both buyers and sellers. More than anything it will be essential to better the quality of Fiverr services. We can’t force such sellers to deliver the order, but we MUST have an opportunity to review, for the sake of Fiverr consumers. And it’s very, very unfair for real hard-working, sincere sellers that such dishonest are doing so well with 99%-positive 5-star ratings, when they have a hard time competing. I feel terrible for them too. It’s just not right.

If you took a refund you cannot review. Plain and simple. This has been covered a few times so I won’t go into again. Just like I wish there was a way to review crap buyers so other sellers would be warned, it’s just not possible though. Also, you cannot refund partial amounts.

The customer service department doesn’t really come here. You should probably shoot your grievances their way.

gailbunning pretty much covered it. Cancellations are the only protection sellers have against unreasonable buyers. Taking away the ability to avoid a unfair negative review from an unreasonable buyer by cancelling an order would leave sellers with no protections at all.

I’m sorry you had a bad experience, but cancellations do affect sellers’ accounts. Sellers who constantly cancel orders to avoid negative reviews on shoddy work or poor customer service are punished.

Agreed. I’m mostly a buyer on Fiverr but have been a freelancer for 10+ years. Always thought sellers should be able to rate the buyers too. The review system here is unfair and seriously flawed.

I agree with this issue 100% - today I’ve had a second time my order got cancelled by the seller way after the completion deadline (even though the crucial importance of timely delivery had been communicated to the seller multiple times), and now I am not able to leave a negative review. After the deadline the seller attempted to deliver something that turned out to be a broken html page, spent another half day trying to figure out what went wrong, then admitted that he cannot deliver - and cancelled.

I understand about the need to protect the seller, but filtering out all negative reviews to do so is complete nonsense. Now I understand that all reviews on fiverr are effectively filtered, and therefore useless. It is especially so with more expensive gigs, like it was in both of my two negative cases - if it’s a $5 gig, I may consider forfeiting the refund in order to be able to make a negative review, but if it’s a $150 gig, I am much less likely to be willing to do so.

Sellers who cancel often are punished by Fiverr; they lose their level and the privileges that come with it, plus, whenever they cancel, their gig gets ranked lower in the search, making it less likely for buyers to find them and order from them.

Also, there’s the private feedback (I don’t know whether the option is still there); that feedback won’t show on the seller’s profile, but Fiverr staff will receive it, and keep an eye on the seller who keeps receiving bad private feedback.

1 Like

First of all, I do understand your frustration - You needed something doing, and a professional let you down. That sucks, and I’m not defending someone’s actions, other than to say it’s always the risk you take when dealing with any freelancer. Unlike companies (say, an agency who would be able to pass your work on to someone else), people get sick/lie about their capabilities/take on too much work/change their mind about what they want to do etc etc etc… The up-side is that freelancers are usually cheaper and, when you find a good professional, easier to work with. Hopefully your future engagements with Fiverr freelancers will be better.

This is precisely the reason why you’re not allowed to leave a review if you’ve accepted a refund. You’re basically saying here that you’d be willing to pay $5 to leave a damaging review on someone’s profile, but you wouldn’t pay $150 to do so.

The money has made you take a step back and ask the question ‘is my desire to leave a review that will have a negative impact on someone’s ability to do business that intense that I’d pay money for it?’

Now imagine if Fiverr allowed you to get a full refund, AND leave a scathing review.

Those amongst us who are bad apples (I’m not suggesting that you are btw) would be quick to order gigs from their top competitors, and immediately leave slamming reviews.

Or, to give you a genuine example that happened to us last month - A generally quite friendly client who ordered our lowest value gig, then sent us a script for WAY more words, then demanded that we throw time sync in for free, and also mentioned that he needed the VO “in the next 4 hours”, despite only paying for 72 hours. We politely sent him the bill for the outstanding services, which he declined, and became furious when we stood our ground. We’ve been here too long to be messed around by people trying to bully us.

It ended in a mutual cancellation and us blocking him, but we know that buyer came away feeling like they’d been wronged and had an axe to grind. Would a 1-Star review have been fair to us in that scenario?

Believe me, things aren’t all rosey for us sellers, and if I’m honest, most of the systems at Fiverr often feel like they’re built to protect the buyer far more than the seller. The ‘you want a refund, you can’t review’ rule is one of the few protections that we have, and that we definitely need.

1 Like