Fiverr Community Forum

Fees clarification

Hi Guys,
Italian market on Fiverr is the same thing when you go to the Fishmonger. You have a price and the buyer is asking for discount! Always! So, please, help me to analyze that case: the buyer is asking for 20 euro job and I have to establish the correct price in $ in order to receive a net payment of 20 euro.

Considering the exchange price (by Google) = 23,57 $
how much I am going to pay as Fiverr’s fee? Would you kindly help me to get calculation in order to be able to calculate fees indipendently from the money amount?

It looks like a math problem LOL but please, help me!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Everything on Fiverr is 20%.

You do not have to convert all. You start with 20 euro.

You want 20 euro so you must charge 25 to him, he will pay 27 you get 20.

So if you want to know that in USD you have to convert 27 euro in to USD.

Note: All purchases are subject to a service fee of $2 on purchases up to and including $40 , and 5% on purchases above $40 . This helps us operate our platform and offer 24/7 customer support for your orders.
For every sale on the platform, Fiverr takes a 20% commission .

3 Likes

Another thing to take into account is the percentage you will be losing upon withdrawal of your funds. For someone based outside the US it can go up to 10%, depending on your local regulations and the way you choose to get paid.
There’s a bunch of fees you might potentially face, such as the ones hidden in currency exchange rates for example.

This is a really important point. Far too many sellers don’t stop to think about all the fees associated with getting their earnings into their bank account.

For example, there’s Fiverr commission, a potentially poor exchange rate, currency transfer fees, PayPal commission, local taxes, UK national insurance contributions, pension contributions, etc.

As a UK based seller a $5 gig ends up being worth about $3 after all fees and local taxes, etc are paid, or in my local currency £2.25.

To put this into perspective, the national minimum wage in the UK is £8.72 an hour.

And people wonder why I moan that people advertise $5 gigs!

3 Likes