Fiverr Forum

Fees Fees Fees

Hello all!

I just completed an order that was for $130. I see now that I only make $64 off of this! I thought Fiverr’s commission was 20%, why am I making only 50%?

Can someone explain this mess to me?

1 Like

Where are you looking for the amount?

Yeah, where are you seeing that you’ve only made $64 out of the $130? Is it on the order page (because I know there was a bug a while back that made the “Order complete! You earned $x.” totally incorrect), or is it in your revenues?

Reply to @emasonwrites: It’s in my revenues.

Reply to @kjblynx: I know that, that’s why I’m curious where the other portion of the money went.

Reply to @kay2809: It’s in my revenues “revenue for order completion” says $64, “view order” brings me to the gig that was $130.

If the buyer ordered some extras after placing the order then the extras will be shown separate even though both belong to same order.

I had someone order extras after a while and they both show up as different amounts for the same order.

Reply to @vainpaper: Check and see if what kay2809 said below is happening. They might not even be directly next to that order in your revenues list. If not, this is a case for CS!

Reply to @kay2809 @emasonwrites : I did contact CS and they showed me where the amounts were, and total was correct. Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

Reply to @vainpaper: So where were they ?

Reply to @kay2809: Late to the talk but I know the reason. A bunch of it was Gig Extras, and when you look at the break down, you will see they come up as separate orders in your “revenue” area. They will link to the same job but should in all total the correct amount.

Reply to @thejeffcallaway: That’s correct! Ceases hyperventilation :slight_smile:

What a strange way to do that! The order said one thing, the revenues page said another and I obviously went straight into panic mode.

Reply to @kay2809: They were just in various line items among my other revenues. Kind of hard to keep up with, and definitely not obvious to me! It would be nice to have the entire order kept together as I track my processing orders in my own spreadsheet and now I have to manually group these.

vainpaper said: It would be nice to have the entire order kept together as I track my processing orders in my own spreadsheet and now I have to manually group these.
That would be the 20% commission hard at work, not. I was going to do ( ! ) instead of "not", but I thought it might break the entire forum! ;)

Reply to @itsyourthing: I tell you what, my heart about dropped out of my chest when I thought I had earned only 50% of the gig total. I felt the pain of all those considering leaving Fiverr. I visited the depths of despair and said hello to the other constant Forum complainers. I almost threw my laptop at my dog. So yes, ( ! )

Reply to @vainpaper: This is going to sound like very backwards positivity, but, It’s good that you found out it’s only more work for you, not less money.

Fiverr BS.