Fellow editors, I have a question!

jmonhollen

Hi, everyone!

I recently got “promoted” to Level 1, which has definitely given me more business. However, I’m having trouble pricing myself fairly. I still get most of my gigs through the Buyer’s Requests, and have had several people ask me if I’m sure about the price in my offer, which is always relatively low. It wasn’t until I had an author tell me that I should increase my price that I even thought about going in and changing my gig. I, thankfully, don’t need the money, so I’ve experimented with offering my services at higher prices through the Buyer Requests, but I haven’t been able to get someone to bite.

So I guess my questions are these: how do you determine the price you charge for your gig, and what can I do to make myself more visible so people will order straight from my gig instead of me having to hunt down clients? Do you find that too many sellers undercut fair pricing?

https://www.fiverr.com/academy/getting-started/4-things-to-do-before-you-create-a-gig

Here’s what Fiverr has to say on the topic:

Find Your Niche:
The best Gig ideas are small, scalable tasks that only take you a few minutes to complete. As a seller, your first assignment is to break down your skillset into a small offering that it makes sense to sell starting at $5.00. When defining what exactly your Gig will be, ask yourself:
Does it take me a few (5 to 15 minutes) to complete this action?
Is this action or service scalable? Could I deliver multiples of it in batches?
Are there extra services or components that could be built onto this task?
If your answer to all of those questions is “Yes”, then you have a viable Gig on your hands!

I interpret this to mean that a new Seller would charge $20 to $60 per hour for their services, while established Sellers may be able to charge more…

It’s a matter of finding the right gig for you.

Archived