Few Tips for good experience on Fiver!

Hi !!
I know i am not a TRS or a lv 2 or even a lv 1 seller neither have i spent a decade on fiver i have been here for almost 2 months and i have had a great experience on fiver with buyers !! i know few of the points might have been mentioned before by other respected members but i just wanted to share few tips based on my short experience here on fiver!! (Only for new sellers like me …

1. Invest good time while sending offers
    Whenever you see buyers requests never… just never throw your offers… Read the request in detail… very much detail… Think of a unique idea about the logo … take some time … check for any grammatical mistakes , any typos or anything of that sort… then send the request !! (No Hello Dear or Hello Sir/Madam ) Please … buyers mostly delete these kinds of requests … what you can do if you are sending requests from your laptop open the app side by side because the app doesn’t masks the name of the buyer and address the buyer with his/her name !!! And one more thing please dont talk like a robot talk like a human !! If you are concerned that you dont get buyers requests then please dont just waste your time whole day they come at specific times note the times daily when the requests come there are basically 3 4 times a day when there is a flux of requests !!

2.Always Invest in your buyers!!
Always talk nicely to your customers … and never ever indulge in any sort of argument with them … answer all of their questions very professionally!! If the order is completed and a buyer comes to you and tell you to do a little amendment … just a tiny bit that you know wont take you more than 10 minutes or even less never ever charge them for that they will definitely come back to you with another order/project !!! they will definitely refer you to their friends and you will get a lot more than what you originally invested (But beware of freebies please) A Genuine customer would always offer you something for that tiny little job but never accept it (you might think its strange but trust me it is a great investment)…
3. Gig tags !!
Please make sure your gig tags are as per your gig offerings !! if you are a logo designer you must research (SEO) that how or in what ways people can search your gig… use good search tags… if you are not good at it hire someone good at SEO to do it for you but dont take it light !!
4. Always Complete your deliveries on time!!
This is a very important thing !! i know in the starting you wont have much orders but the times will come real soon that you will have more than 15 -16 order in queue in one day (i had more than 40 orders in queue one day) !! if you cant complete your task in the specified time then take your buyer in confidence and get the delivery time extended but never ever get late without taking your buyer in confidence other wise he will cancel your order and you will automatically get a 1 star review!!
5. Never ask your buyer to give you five stars!!
I read few posts on this forum as well as on few other platforms … buyers really dont like it … this is the last thing you should even think of !! Please it is very unprofessional !! also it is against the fiverr TOS and you might get a warning !!!

Enough being said !! these are just few points that i wanted to share with you!! i will come up with another post with few other points as well real soon (the post was getting too much long )
Regards !!

Ok So If you haven’t read the previous post please read that as well !!! This post is a cont of that !!

6. Order Cancellations!!
Few of the new sellers get really nervous on cancelling an order and you should be but there are certain circumstances that you must get a cancellation right away… ( few of you might disagree with me but a 80 % cancellation rate is always better than a 1 / 2 star review)
a. Your buyer (5$ buyer) is constantly rejecting every sample you provide with the text “i dont know something is missing in it” … or may be like changing concepts again and again … there might be the case that you lack the skill to satisfy him/her or may be he is too demanding … but you would never be able to satisfy such a buyer ever in your life !! so instead of wasting your whole day trying to convince him again and again and in the end what you get a 4.5 star or may be 1 star and 4 $ … no that is not a fair deal … (If you face these issue too often then may be you should work more upon your skill level)
b. Your buyers wants something extra and dont want to pay for it … so first just ask him very nicely … real nice if he still wants more free work (a work that would take more than 1 and a half hour) then please cancel such order you can end up completing the order but dont just make this a habit doing free work … because time is what is most important for you and dont give it away for free!
c. Buyer is not responding even though he is online!! Now this my friend is a very technical problem and its connotation would vary case to case like some buyers intentionally dont respond to you so that they can cancel the order after 24 hrs ( there are very rare but yes they do exist) and get a refund and shoot away with your concepts/ideas … or there can be cases when the buyer is really busy so he is unable to respond … although a better solution is that you first ask for an extension in the delivery time through the resolution center but if that is declined by the buyer then dont take a minute cancelling such an order !!

7. Customer Support
I was always scared by this name CS in the start of my fiver experience… i thought they are some strict stingy people sitting there just to note your wrong doings and penalizing you (although they do penalize you if you do something wrong ) but i just loved the support here on fiverr when i encountered few issues and i asked for their help!!
They are really helpful and supportive … so if ever you are worried regarding any issue or anything is bothering you dont just let your heart to decide for a course of action … these cs guys are so nice and supportive you will always get a great response and a better way to solve your problems !!

Now as this post is getting too long so i would like to conclude this topic here and i would come up with another post real soon !!
Regards !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 12:28 PM, adam_cc said:

Thanks! Its really helpful. Anyone guide me that how often i can change tags. Is it good to change tags weekly.?

You can change them as many times as you want!! But every time you change them there is an impact on your gig (clicks and views)

If it’s positive stick to those tags if not then change them

On 4/11/2018 at 7:59 PM, adam_cc said:

Any tip for Impression. Right now my gig impression is positive but suddenly it go down any reason.?

It’s because of the same reason… You might have updated you seatch tags or your profile!! What you should do is share it on social media!! How many orders were you getting before and what about now?? 

• 10 months later...

This is very nice of you to think of others too and guide them to achieve their goals.

What you have said is something everyone has already said or wrote in some way or other in their tips but I guess the problem is that people start following these advices regardless of thinking that in order to be a good seller all they have to do is to be loyal to their work and learn how to interact with a buyer in more formal and professional way where you make the buyer feel like you are actually investing your time in his/her project and that the buyer is not communicating with some robot.

Giving good ideas, doing something on your own to make the presentation and project looks much better is a plus to gains the buyer confidence. 

Archived