FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! (nanny complete sentence afterthought)

emmaki

poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Emmaki
    • Blaise
    • Greece
    • The UK
    • The Netherlands
    • American Samoa
    • Freedonia
    • 'Murica!

This is a safe still moderated space for arguments.

Feel free to call Joe from accounts a complete twart. Just add those little details here so we can also agree that Joe is a rando dick. Cool? Cool.

Let’s not be racist against the name Richard here, mods.

Mod Note: Rules still apply, but otherwiise, safe space is safe. 🙂
See Forum Rules, Fiverr ToS and Community Guidelines .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonsense: hello to unlimited limits!

I’m having a shit fight with someone over on another post now. Someone else is invisibly deleting it. It’s amazing how riled up people get over a forgotten s. Hey Smike, I remembered the S this time.

So, eh, you know Fiverr has a birthday card competition going on right now eh?

Yeah, it’s funny, no mention of that except for some inboxing. Go on and check it. I’m sure you put in effort, but this is what it does right.

Yeah, I didn’t get in.

Oh darn it, I had SUCH high hopes of becoming a millionaire after winning first place 😜

I rarely take selfies, but I was so ready to wear my best outfit, bust out a crystal glass (AKA

sneak it from my mom’s crystal collection), pour in the wine, smile at the camera, post it here and make everyone jealous.

I guess I’ll be posting the card image instead later for the heck of it, hahaha.

Nonsense: hello to unlimited limits!

I’m having a shit fight with someone over on another post now. Someone else is invisibly deleting it. It’s amazing how riled up people get over a forgotten s. Hey Smike, I remembered the S this time.

I feel some life coming back after reading that bracing chat you were having.

Yeah, I didn’t get in.

Oh darn it, I had SUCH high hopes of becoming a millionaire after winning first place 😜

I rarely take selfies, but I was so ready to wear my best outfit, bust out a crystal glass (AKA

sneak it from my mom’s crystal collection), pour in the wine, smile at the camera, post it here and make everyone jealous.

I guess I’ll be posting the card image instead later for the heck of it, hahaha.

Did yours have something fiverr related? I looked at the blog and was surprised that many seemed to ‘just’ be ‘ordinary’ birthday cards, they were cool, not meant in a negative way, just they didn’t ‘have to do’ with fiverr. If i was an illustrator I’d have thought ‘fiverr/some clear reference to it has to appear there somewhere’.

Did yours have something fiverr related? I looked at the blog and was surprised that many seemed to ‘just’ be ‘ordinary’ birthday cards, they were cool, not meant in a negative way, just they didn’t ‘have to do’ with fiverr. If i was an illustrator I’d have thought ‘fiverr/some clear reference to it has to appear there somewhere’.

@miiila Hmm well nope, they informed us NOT to mention Fiverr name or user name on the design. These were the guidelines:

A few guidelines to follow:

• The cover must be designed on a 1749 x 2480 pixel page.
  • The design should be in your signature style and must be 100% original.
  • The top 10 cards will be available for free download, so it should not contain ‘Fiverr’ or your username. We will credit the work of each artist on the back of their card.
  • Designs need to be submitted as a JPEG, PNG, or PDF file.
  • Entry is limited to one design per user.

@miiila Hmm well nope, they informed us NOT to mention Fiverr name or user name on the design. These were the guidelines:

A few guidelines to follow:

• The cover must be designed on a 1749 x 2480 pixel page.
  • The design should be in your signature style and must be 100% original.
  • The top 10 cards will be available for free download, so it should not contain ‘Fiverr’ or your username. We will credit the work of each artist on the back of their card.
  • Designs need to be submitted as a JPEG, PNG, or PDF file.
  • Entry is limited to one design per user.

Ah, thank you, Angel, interesting.

edit: or aren’t we allowed to thank anyone on the fight thread? I hope I didn’t go against some unwritten rule with that, my apologies, if I did. 😉

Looking at the blog that came about–amazingly, Fiverr followed through on this–I can’t help but feel it’s all a bit of a damp squib, despite really liking some of the art on there. It all went a bit 99designs to only be shared on a rubbish blog that nobody reads, then on their social media to be flooded with complaints about poor CS?

http://blog.fiverr.com/party-can-design-want-madeonfiverr-birthday-card-contest/

I would be interested to know if any of the featured artists get a significant sales boost from this, otherwise, it’s really just another egregious example of a freelance platform leveraging its talent without compensation apart from the lucky, lucky winners.

I note this in the author blurb: Have an idea for the Fiverr blog? Connect with her on LinkedIn.

Anyway, I’m still waiting for someone to fight with. Have I accidentally annoyed you recently with a throwaway comment? This is the place to double post a huge, multiple-paragraph moan then flounce away just like a grown adult! Alternatively, you can make a pompous run at social commentary while fancying yourself to have the sound judgement of King Solomon. This is a safe moderated space where almost anything goes.

@miiila, thanking is definitely OK, especially if it’s laced with sarcasm, spite and a healthy dose of BIL(G)E.

Dear Emmaki:

Last night before I went to bed, I was ready to pick my first official fight with you on the Forum.

I had some awesome point I was going to make, but this morning, in response to your prompting, I’ve found that I’ve forgotten what I was going to fight with you about, so I’m just going to let you know that I’m already tired of winning our fight and declare victory…

POLL: Who won the Battle of the Century between Emmaki and Blaise?

• Emmaki
  • Blaise
  • 'Murica!

0voters

I guess it’s too early to say, but I’d suppose some of the winners will use a ‘winner of fiverr’ s birthday card contest’ badge on their gigs, I certainly see gigs or profiles that say ‘level x seller’ ‘fiver TRS’, ‘person who participated in the translation of fiver site into language x’ etc. and guess that will translate into more orders.

Dear Emmaki:

Last night before I went to bed, I was ready to pick my first official fight with you on the Forum.

I had some awesome point I was going to make, but this morning, in response to your prompting, I’ve found that I’ve forgotten what I was going to fight with you about, so I’m just going to let you know that I’m already tired of winning our fight and declare victory…

• Emmaki
  • Blaise
  • 'Murica!

0voters

counter vote

• Troy
  • 🐴

0voters

Dann, I wanted to make a 1 option poll, but that’s not possible for some weird reason… 😉

Dear Emmaki:

• Emmaki
  • Blaise
  • 'Murica!

0voters

I chose America, as America always wins, and I would prefer not to end up on the wrong side of the world’s most powerful military force. That’s just common sense.

I’ll take on everyone else though. I’m well 'ard, me.

6358421_b0b13495e1.jpg.9976357937e6c14e479cc92f1bd558c3.jpg

Speaking of those badges, when Fiverr had a boob cancer charidee drive some years ago, those who donated got a pink badge to show their support. I think if you donated more than $25, you got some boob cancer Fiverr t-shirt. To this day, I’m not sure if anyone received theirs, it’s not known what Fiverr did with the proceeds and the pink badge disappeared.

Archived